Lawrence Leathers RIP

cliffpeterson

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

So, is domestic violence gonna be the new heroin?

Jim, just because you have a strange compulsion to respond to every topic possible, that doesn't mean you should.  You can keep some things to yourself instead of displaying zero class or sensitivity.  

He was my age.  I saw him once in Cleveland with Dominick Farinacci when Dominick played a hometown gig and brought some New York guys with him (Yasushi Nakamura and Dan Kaufman rounded out the young band).  When I used to regularly watch the Smalls live feed, he was often present.  Live or on record, he was a fine drummer and his death brings a shocking, premature end to a promising life and career.

Thank you for the music, Lawrence, and rest in peace.

Per that report, he was involved in a physical altercation with his girlfriend and then it went south. Excuse me -further south. That's  just dumb.

Nothing to do with him as a musician, those are two different things.

Drug death is dumb. Domestic violence is dumb. Music is not dumb, but music is made by humans, and humans are far too often known for doing dumb thongs.

No offense or disreputable meant towards the musician. But domestic violence is dumb, no matter who is involved.

7 minutes ago, clifford_thornton said:

in both scenarios, good musicians get caught up in bad shit.

...and too often potential gets squandered and lives wasted (in part or in whole). And any and all efforts at awareness and education run up against deeply ingrained macro-cultural programming, to the point that people who objectively should know better do it anyway.

Traps everywhere, that was my point. Traps everywhere.