Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GA Russell

Santana - Africa Speaks

39 posts in this topic

 
     
 
 

Concord

 
cover-909eb477014d4fbb9508d15a69e84105-f
 

ALBUM PRODUCED BY RICK RUBIN & Featuring BUIKA Releasing 6/7

image-b951bf526f0b4d29b1e636dfe7310ae8-f

image-e34df3a1918646298116a173cfef5ccc-f

image-a6e4663b20b049988a109c4215424d16-f

Santana has sold over 100 million albums and played to over 100 million fans in concert; Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee; won 10 Grammy awards; Billboard Latin Music Awards Lifetime Achievement recipient; Kennedy Center Honoree; scored at least 1 Billboard Top 10 album for 6 consecutive decades

 

THE YEAR OF SANTANA: 2019 is the 20th Anniversary of Supernatural (15X Platinum in US) and the 50th Anniversary of Santana’s performance at Woodstock

 

SOLD OUT NATIONAL TOUR

6/20/2019 Irvine, CA-FivePoint Amphitheatre

6/22-Phoenix, AZ Ak-Chin Pavilion

6/23-Chula Vista, CA-North Island Credit Union Amphitheatre

6/24-Los Angeles, CA-Hollywood Bowl

6/26-Mountain View, CA-Shoreline Amphitheatre At Mountain View

6/27- Wheatland, CA-Toyota Amphitheatre

6/29- Auburn, WA-White River Amphitheatre

6/30-Ridgefield, WA-Sunlight Supply Amphitheater

7/2-Salt Lake City, UT-USANA Amphitheatre

7/3- Denver, CO-Pepsi Center

7/6- Dallas, TX-Dos Equis Pavilion

7/7-The Woodlands, TX-The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion

7/9- Austin, TX-Austin-360 Amphitheater

7/11-Kansas City, MO-Sprint Center

7/12- Maryland Heights, MO-Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre St. Louis

8/3- Saint Paul, MN-Xcel Energy Center

8/4- Tinley Park, IL-Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre Chicago

8/6-Toronto, ON, Canada-Budweiser Stage

8/7-Cuyahoga Falls, OH-Blossom Music Center

8/9-Noblesville, IN-Ruoff Home Mortgage Music Center

8/10- Cincinnati, OH-Riverbend Music Center

8/11- Clarkston, MI-DTE Energy Music Theatre

8/13-Charlotte, NC-PNC Music Pavilion

8/14-Bristow, VA-Jiffy Lube Live

8/16-Darien Center, NY-Live Nation Concerts at Darien Lake Amphitheater

8/17-Bethel, NY-Bethel Woods Center for the Arts

8/18- Holmdel, NJ-PNC Bank Arts Center

8/20-Mansfield, MA-Xfinity Center

8/21-Hartford, CT-XFINITY Theatre

8/23-Saratoga Springs, NY-Saratoga Performing Arts Center

8/24-Camden, NJ-BB&T Pavilion

8/25-Wantagh, NY-Northwell-Health at Jones Beach Theater

9/18 -Las Vegas, NV-House of Blues Las Vegas

9/20-9/22-Las Vegas, NV-House of Blues Las Vegas

9/25-Las Vegas, NV-House of Blues Las Vegas

9/27-9/29-Las Vegas, NV-House of Blues Las Vegas

10/30-Las Vegas, NV House of Blues Las Vegas

11/1-11/3-Las Vegas, NV-House of Blues Las Vegas

11/6-Las Vegas, NV-House of Blues Las Vegas

11/8-11/10-Las Vegas, NV-House of Blues Las Vegas

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 
  Artist Title Time    
 
 
 
  Santana ft. Buika Breaking Down The Door (radio edit) 04:01    
  Santana ft. Buika Breaking Down The Door (album version) 04:30    
  Santana ft. Buika Africa Speaks 04:48    
  Santana ft. Buika Batonga 05:43    
  Santana ft. Buika Oye Este Mi Canto 05:59    
  Santana ft. Buika Yo Me Lo Meresco 06:13    
  Santana ft. Buika Blue Skies 09:08    
  Santana ft. Buika Paraísos Quemados 05:59    
  Santana ft. Buika Los Invisibles 05:55    
  Santana ft. Buika Luna Hechicera 04:48    
  Santana ft. Buika Bembele 05:52    
  Santana ft. Buika Candombe Cumbele 05:37    
 
 
 
 
Edited by GA Russell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Loved him in the day, but the only thing he's done the past 25 years that fully works for me is the reunion with the original group.  And this sure ain't that.  But 'Caravanserai' will always be a desert Island disc for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, DR numbers are awful on this release. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's DR?

I like Buika, but wonder if this will be any good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listened to some samples yesterday.  Not impressed.  It almost seems like he's trying too hard. All things considered, Santana is easily one of my all-time Top 10 bands, but every dog has its day.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have never been a Santana fan, but don't most rock acts simply lack the compositional talent to keep releasing new popular material on a consistent level? They have only a handful of great albums in them, but keep on releasing shit and touring for decades on end. I was fed up with this mediocrity by the time I switched focus to jazz permanently around 1998.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, JSngry said:

 

Which was written by neither Percy Faith nor Carlos Santana.   Nice paychecks for Peter Green and the estate of Gabor Szabo.

1 hour ago, erwbol said:

I have never been a Santana fan, but don't most rock acts simply lack the compositional talent to keep releasing new popular material on a consistent level? They have only a handful of great albums in them, but keep on releasing shit and touring for decades on end. I was fed up with this mediocrity by the time I switched focus to jazz permanently around 1998.

Do we blame them?  I also report to work every day, as I have for decades on end.   I really like the part where they pay me every two weeks, and reasonably enjoy my work, even though I will have no more career breakthroughs coming.   Also, rock artists can still be a great live experience long after they are not consistently pumping out meaningful new compositions.  This is one of the most moving musical experiences for me (especially the DVD), recorded (ca. 1999) 15 years after I had ceased to much care about new Springsteen studio albums (I do like 'Lucky Town').  And part of the thrill of it was BECAUSE they were decades into the journey.  This concert convinced me that being 50 would be just fine.  A Neil Young concert I attended in the mid-2000's convinced me that being 60 would be just fine.  There's value in that, at least for me.

Image result for bruce springsteen live in new york city

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, felser said:

Do we blame them?  I also report to work every day, as I have for decades on end.   I really like the part where they pay me every two weeks, and reasonably enjoy my work, even though I will have no more career breakthroughs coming.   Also, rock artists can still be a great live experience long after they are not consistently pumping out meaningful new compositions.  This is one of the most moving musical experiences for me (especially the DVD), recorded (ca. 1999) 15 years after I had ceased to much care about new Springsteen studio albums (I do like 'Lucky Town').  And part of the thrill of it was BECAUSE they were decades into the journey.  This concert convinced me that being 50 would be just fine.  A Neil Young concert I attended in the mid-2000's convinced me that being 60 would be just fine.  There's value in that, at least for me.

Image result for bruce springsteen live in new york city

The difference is the fruits of Felser's labour are not deemed newsworthy by the media. I resent beeing bomarded with all this mediocre shit on televison and radio. The real low point came in the nineties when every moron had to have his booming monotonic house beats to enjoy himself in his car, his appartment, etc. These days most people seem too distracted by smartphones with earbuds and flatscreens to care about 'making boom boom'. Progress!

Edited by erwbol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that Santana's wasted his life by not remaking all of the Elvis movies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, JSngry said:

I think that Santana's wasted his life by not remaking all of the Elvis movies.

Here's what a scene of what his remake of "Fun in Acapulco" would look like:

Image result for santana live michelle branch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd love to see him do Waikiki Hockey!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A good friend with great taste in music (and an ever increasing album collection of 25,000+) saw Santana at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival this spring. My friend is difficult to impress. He said that Santana's performance was excellent, even inspiring. He said that it was one of the highlights of the entire festival.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Hot Ptah said:

A good friend with great taste in music (and an ever increasing album collection of 25,000+) saw Santana at the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival this spring. My friend is difficult to impress. He said that Santana's performance was excellent, even inspiring. He said that it was one of the highlights of the entire festival.

Oh yeah, he can definitely still bring it when he wants to.  The reunion concert with the original group is fabulous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still, those Elvis movies need to be remade with a contemporary rock star. Like, do Change of Habit with J-Lo doing the MTM part.

or G.I. Blues. Yeah, do G.I. Blues.

Carlos-pg-3-w-guitarPHOTOMaryanne-Bilham

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, erwbol said:

The difference is the fruits of Felser's labour are not deemed newsworthy by the media. I resent beeing bomarded with all this mediocre shit on televison and radio. The real low point came in the nineties when every moron had to have his booming monotonic house beats to enjoy himself in his car, his appartment, etc. These days most people seem too distracted by smartphones with earbuds and flatscreens to care about 'making boom boom'. Progress!

Hey kid get off of my lawn. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, felser said:

Oh yeah, he can definitely still bring it when he wants to.  The reunion concert with the original group is fabulous.

I also heard that Santana put on a great show at New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Fest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Carlos Santana & Amy Schumer could made the definitive Viva Las Vegas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JSngry said:

I think Carlos Santana & Amy Schumer could made the definitive Viva Las Vegas.

An image too strange to contemplate!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dunno man, I think those Elvis movies are ripe for 21st century revision, and Carlos Santana is just the guy to do it, make that shit relevant again.

Here's Speedway:

 

brothers-presentation-2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another great scene from his remake of 'Fun in Acapulco':

Santana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im one billion percent in for the tour though, its gonna be ELO-Doobie Bros-Santana weekend, with first ELO, then The Doobie Bros-Santana. 

Edited by chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.