Dance remix of A Love Supreme!!!??

medjuck

I just heard a dj on KCRW play a dance remix sampling At Love Supreme (including Trane's "vocal").  Can't find the name of the artist because although KCRW has a playlist on-line, the 20 minutes during which this was played is, for some reason, not posted.  Is this sacrilegious or  spreading the word? 

do you guys know about that one techno club in Berlin, its like really really hard to get into.  the bouncer is this 6 1/2 foot tall guy covered head to toe in tatooos , and to get in, he stares you down for like a full minute to make the call if youre getting in or not.   theres hardly any videos of it  but you know what, i would be the guy to be all, after you close at 6am, lets put on genesis on this soundsystem, lets listen to foxtrot on this thing

Edited by chewy-chew-chew-bean-benitez

36 minutes ago, medjuck said:

And here it is.  (They played it again on KCRW. ) 

I gots not NO problem with that.  Not the kind of thing I seek out, but that didn't bother me a bit.

In fact, more than a little it kind of reminds me of Joe Henderson effectively 'remixing' himself, in the way he remade "Power To The People" in 1973 (below) -- where his original 'straighter' version of "PTTP" was from 1969).

Aw hell, that's Mark de Clive-Lowe! Been following him for years now. Interesting guy, actual analog chops to go along with his digital skills. I try to follow him as he goes along, he's doing things.

This is a really interesting one, if you can accept the basic concept of Music Inc. Big Band as House. Personally, I find it delightful.

12 hours ago, medjuck said:

And here it is.  (They played it again on KCRW. ) 

No but I tapped my foot. 

OK, that's not awful like the clip I posted, but don't these people have any original ideas of their own? Remove the shit they borrowed and you're left with the same monotonic nonsense. I have never been a fan of remixes, you know, the kind that were added to CD maxi singles.