Black & Blue Records - CD Offer

14 minutes ago, soulpope said:

I believe this mostly applies for mediterranean countries 😎 ....

Don’t think so. I remember Germany taking the month off, not to mention I’ve been trying to get ahold of a client in Munich for a couple of weeks and not one email has been returned. 

16 hours ago, Brad said:

Don’t think so. I remember Germany taking the month off, not to mention I’ve been trying to get ahold of a client in Munich for a couple of weeks and not one email has been returned. 

Sorry but this is utter nonsense.
And the statement by jazzmusicdepot that "Europe" "have holiday for the entire month of August" is just BS too.
Of course summer holiday periods are in SUMMER (as the name implies) and at least over here some things may slow down (because employees ARE on leave but NEVER all of them at the same time and virtually NO family can take time off from work for the whole duration of school holidays or even afford to do so - far from it, or else I, for example, would not be here where I am right now - and everyday peak hour traffic would not be what it is even during "holidays")!
People do quip that in France, for example, where nationwide holidays are condensed into a shorter time frame, the entire country runs at idle during July and August. But even THAT is exaggerated.
So PLEASE don't generalize. You wouldn't want to have that done with the US either. :angry:
BTW, as for getting hold of business partners overseas in a timely manner, I can tell you that this is a door that swing BOTH ways too. US "partners" have been known to be deadbeats too.

Edited by Big Beat Steve

56 minutes ago, Big Beat Steve said:

Sorry but this is utter nonsense.
And the statement by jazzmusicdepot that "Europe" "have holiday for the entire month of August" is just BS too.
Of course summer holiday periods are in SUMMER (as the name implies) and at least over here some things may slow down (because employees ARE on leave but NEVER all of them at the same time and virtually NO family can take time off from work for the whole duration of school holidays or even afford to do so - far from it, or else I, for example, would not be here where I am right now - and everyday peak hour traffic would not be what it is even during "holidays")!
People do quip that in France, for example, where nationwide holidays are condensed into a shorter time frame, the entire country runs at idle during July and August. But even THAT is exaggerated.
So PLEASE don't generalize. You wouldn't want to have that done with the US either. :angry:
BTW, as for getting hold of business partners overseas in a timely manner, I can tell you that this is a door that swing BOTH ways too. US "partners" have been known to be deadbeats too.

Thnx for your statement regarding this rather bizarr claim ....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pretty sure they've arrived, also sure that, as this is a one-man operation, it'll take a little time to get every order bundled up, packed, and invoiced (in what ever order).

But good news - the shipment seems to have arrived! I was invoiced and paid last night. Good things on the way!

• 3 weeks later...

Tommy, sent you a request for three Fresh Sound Twofers for Australia - Horn, Moer & Hampton

Any comments on the Paul Moer set from our members - that tribute to Elmo Hope he did in 1991 looks very interesting

Want the Hampton set for all of the previously unreleased live Birdland material

Cheers Stephen

Edited by romualdo