July 24 reissues at CDJapan - Flying Dutchman, etc.

felser

CDJapan shows a lot of low-priced reissues from Flying Dutchman and other labels coming July 24.  Nothing earth-shaking at this late date, but some nice, reasonable obscure titles for under $10 each.  See link below, towards the bottom of the first page, then the second page.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/release/music/jazz-fusion/month/2019/07?periods=3

4 hours ago, JSngry said:

Maybe somebody is reissuing it elsewhere and CD Japan is importing it. That's a pretty straightforward statement, if you take it at face value.

Also could mean that the disc itself was manufactured outside of Japan, and the liners and packaging were printed in Japan.  I think(?) I got a disc or two like that from CDJapan once, but I couldn't begin to remember which one(s).  I'm not remembering any that didn't (still) have Japanese packaging, iirc.

Either way, as Jim said, it means pretty much what it says at face value.

44 minutes ago, jazzbo said:

Solid Records (Japan) released this date as a reissue in 2017; new and used are available on amazon.com

Indeed they are: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B06XNWP29F/ref=tmm_acd_new_olp_sr?ie=UTF8&condition=new&qid=1561840694&sr=8-1

Not exactly "WOW" prices (I paid a lot less than that for a really good OG LP issue <5 years ago, from DG iirc), but it's a damn good record. Besides, if you wait to find an LP....good luck on that one!

• 1 month later...
On 6/27/2019 at 10:46 AM, JSngry said:

If that Terry Gibbs-Sal Nestico is the Time record, carpe diem. That thing swings like a MOFO!!!!

R-3017511-1506267028-3210.jpeg.jpg

R-11807687-1522716263-2887.jpeg.jpg

Note - Nat Pierce on B-3 all the way.

I'm assuming that THIS is the same session.  It's on Mainstream rather than Time.  Which came first?  I'm guessing the Mainstream.

I just got the Time-copy from CD Japan, and it spells, as does the original, the tenor man's name as Nestico...gotta confuse a lot of guys with Sammy Nestico.

Image result for CDJapan.co.jp Terry Gibbs Sal Nestico

What is this?

"Jazz LP Record Collection 75 Bud Powell "The Genius of Bud Powell" LP record".

Google Translate shed no light on this. It seems to be a book in Japanese. I looked at it in case it might be some of Bud's Verve recordings. I have all the Blue Note recordings.

Flying Dutchman was mentioned. They issued Rabbit's last recording, which was arranged by Ollie Nelson. I didn't see that listed.