The Stealth Jazz Books

I write the Stealth Jazz books (Stealth Jazz: Behind the Curtain; 2017, and Stealth Jazz Part II: Educational Dystopia; 2019). They explore how jazz politics affect its present condition, and do very well on amazon without paid ads or reviews. Part II especially delves into the prevailing influence of non-musicians (Ralph Ellison, Murray, Baraka, Crouch etc.) and why jazz education is weaker than before. Basically, I attempt to provide answers for most of the better known arguments. If Part II interests you, I am giving away the Kindle for several days beginning July 4. I am aware that my peripheral membership on organissimo makes advertising unseemly. But I'm not selling... only giving. Thanks for your tolerance.

Thanks Tom, I am definitely interested in checking out the book, will look tomorrow on Amazon for download, unless you have different instructions.  With your background, you are certainly in position to have very meaningful thoughts on the subject!

https://www.amazon.com/Stealth-Jazz-Part-II-Educational/dp/198078454X/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?keywords=stealth+jazz+party+ii%3A+educational+dystopia%3B+2019&qid=1562173185&s=books&sr=1-1-fkmr0

On July 3, 2019 at 11:44 AM, jazzintel said:

I write the Stealth Jazz books (Stealth Jazz: Behind the Curtain; 2017, and Stealth Jazz Part II: Educational Dystopia; 2019). They explore how jazz politics affect its present condition, and do very well on amazon without paid ads or reviews. Part II especially delves into the prevailing influence of non-musicians (Ralph Ellison, Murray, Baraka, Crouch etc.) and why jazz education is weaker than before. Basically, I attempt to provide answers for most of the better known arguments. If Part II interests you, I am giving away the Kindle for several days beginning July 4. I am aware that my peripheral membership on organissimo makes advertising unseemly. But I'm not selling... only giving. Thanks for your tolerance.

Thank you for the link.

Have you ever started a thread here about jazz education? I would love to participate, and I'm sure you would get some very interesting responses.