2019 Wimbledon

An impressive victory by Simona Halep. Serena never seemed to be able to get untracked and just when it looked like she might be getting back into the match, Halep broke her. Too many unforced errors today. 

Tomorrow's match could be a marathon. I think Federer might have another title in him. 

2 hours ago, Brad said:

An impressive victory by Simona Halep. Serena never seemed to be able to get untracked and just when it looked like she might be getting back into the match, Halep broke her. Too many unforced errors today. 

Tomorrow's match could be a marathon. I think Federer might have another title in him. 

Halep was amazing in her court coverage, she got everything back. Great win for her.

I'm afraid Roger is about to lose. I've run out of work to do and am moving to the couch. Everytime I watched from there, he lost (both tie breaks) and when I went back to the office and watched online, he won the set. :g

Honestly if he does lose this will be about the biggest disappointment. Never seen him play this sloppy. And I can't remember ever seeing so many shanks off the frame.

I thought there were three key points, all in the fifth set. Federer broke Djokovic when the latter was up 4-2. I thought Djokovic had let a golden opportunity slip by — although I was proved wrong— and then Federer had two match points up 9-8. I was sure Djokovic was finished and was amazed when he saved match point and actually more so when he won the game. The last was in the tiebreak when Federer was down 1-2 and mishit or shanked the ball. That put him in a big hole from which he could not recover. Pity.  I thought Federer was the better player as he had more winners but Djokovic came through at just the right moments. 

6 minutes ago, Brad said:

I thought there were three key points, all in the fifth set. Federer broke Djokovic when the latter was up 4-2. I thought Djokovic had let a golden opportunity slip by — although I was proved wrong— and then Federer had two match points up 9-8. I was sure Djokovic was finished and was amazed when he saved match point and actually more so when he won the game. The last was in the tiebreak when Federer was down 1-2 and mishit or shanked the ball. That put him in a big hole from which he could not recover. Pity.  I thought Federer was the better player as he had more winners but Djokovic came through at just the right moments. 

Agreed .... believe a "younger" Federer would have finished Djokovic off after the break in the 5th at latest ....