Great in-the-stands fight

at Saturday's Sox-Cubs game:

https://twitter.com/dawhite670/status/1147703487251263488/video/1?fbclid=IwAR3gVZ3SsN5g64lm1Dtbvm6b5b4iIQRDzdFX4x3sMSpTsg5UEDLH0cFg4Sw

Stick around until they try to put cuffs on one combatant and she starts beating on the security guard. By most accounts these women were Cubs fans who were loaded before they got to the ballpark.

1 hour ago, Larry Kart said:

at Saturday's Sox-Cubs game:

https://twitter.com/dawhite670/status/1147703487251263488/video/1?fbclid=IwAR3gVZ3SsN5g64lm1Dtbvm6b5b4iIQRDzdFX4x3sMSpTsg5UEDLH0cFg4Sw

Stick around until they try to put cuffs on one combatant and she starts beating on the security guard. By most accounts these women were Cubs fans who were loaded before they got to the ballpark.

Damn, i could use that big blonde to protect my guitar when I take breaks on some outdoor gigs I got coming up. I'm gone down to post bail for that big mama!

Whew. Makes me happy that I no longer (a) drink; (b) attend sports events.

Off-topic, but I couldn't help noticing a distinct lack of slender people in the video. No doubt a lotta heavy beer drinkers.

Edited by T.D.

Since they just got ejected from the ballpark (news report say no arrests) I really wish the security guy had used the pepper spray he had on his belt as soon as the kicks and arm flailing came at him.

Otherwise I agree with Jim. Drunken chick fights between heifers are lame.

About all I ever buy at the one baseball game we go to most years is a tall 16oz hard cider, which usually is at least $9. About same at the Caps hockey games we went too a few years ago (when a friend got us free tix about once a year).

I'm half ok paying those kind of prices, but it definitely limits me to just one per game.

I used to attend a lot of baseball games, and other sports events, but it's stuff like this and the high price for everything that soured the experience. Think it's been five years since I last went to a live MLB game -- I do like going to college baseball though, nice price, no booze, and the play is pretty good.

PS: I guess I could look at the video as funny, but anytime I've been close to violence in the stands, I get very anxious and upset, it takes away all enjoyment for me.

PSS: Violence is the reason I left Dodger fandom, I saw way too much bad sh** at Dodger Stadium during the McCourt years, and just said "I'm out!" And I grew up a major Dodger fan.

Edited by Matthew

16 minutes ago, Dave James said:

You ain't seen nothin' yet.  Wait until they start selling alcohol at SEC football games.  

No doubt.

But my experience in the Northeast is that fans get tanked up before the game. I went to the first Yankees-Mariners playoff game in 1995. Taking a pregame walk down River Ave., I was terrified by the immense number of obvious drunks walking around. And the game featured constant fan fights popping up, not just in the stands but in the walkways leading to concession stands and restrooms. At a NY football Giants game, when entering the stadium I passed by a monstrous dumpster into which fans were tossing their last pregame beer bottles. Every gate had one. It was a little unnerving to contemplate the number of inebriates at the game.

Edited by T.D.

2 hours ago, JSngry said:

You call that a fight? That's drunk chicks in a stadium throwing their arms around at nothing in particular.

Then again, it is a baseball game, that's a pretty typical baseball fight, or used to be.

Don't forget pulling hair.

Yeah, it's a baseball game, but I think you would see the same poor quality fight at any sporting event if it involves average women (regardless of size) and alcohol. Of course, there are plenty of "fights" like that on video involving men too, so, it's not exclusive.

39 minutes ago, T.D. said:

At a NY football Giants game, when entering the stadium I passed by a monstrous dumpster into which fans were tossing their last pregame beer bottles. Every gate had one. It was a little unnerving to contemplate the number of inebriates at the game.

NFL Football is different today - at least at the Patriots' stadium. There are cameras everywhere and if you get caught doing something wrong, they pull your season tickets. There is a 20 year waiting list. This stopped a lot of the fights. I agree that they were bad in the old days but modern technology seems to have cleaned it up a bit.

1 hour ago, T.D. said:

At a NY football Giants game, when entering the stadium I passed by a monstrous dumpster into which fans were tossing their last pregame beer bottles. Every gate had one. It was a little unnerving to contemplate the number of inebriates at the game.

But aren't they just money-saving inebriates?  Does it make any difference how you behave if you are drunk on a $6 six-pack or $11 a pop in the stadium?

1 hour ago, T.D. said:

Hey, let's mix metaphors and sign the fighting fatties up for the Pamplona bull run!

Several people were gored there this week. I’ve always wanted to run with the bulls but I’m too old now. I did see a few bullfights in my day when I lived in Spain. My parents were big devotees. 

When much younger (61 now) I fantasized about running with the bulls. I concluded that it was too risky (surprise :P). It's not just down to one's running ability / evasive skills; you could get caught up in a crowd, have someone trip and fall in front of you,..., and wind up getting gored "through no fault of your own" (other than being there in the first place, of course).