An Eight Second Film Of New Orleans and Pops

I've read the article and watched the clip but I've got to say that to me the build of that fellow does not really look like someone who'd evolve into what young Pops would look like a scant few years later. Not to mention that this one looks taller. There seems to be a lot of wishful thinking going on here.

On 7/11/2019 at 7:51 PM, Teasing the Korean said:

In old photos and movies, why do we see famous dead people in crowds? Because there is no one alive to advocate for the forgotten.

And the corollary to that is the sad reality that many white people who saw the unique charisma (or however they view it) of a young Louis Armstrong in that footage most likely aren't able to fathom that there were, are, and will be any number of young African-American youth (male and female) who at some point in their life have that same type of charismatic, positive energy. It is special, but it is not exactly "unique" in that only Louis Armstrong had/has it.

It's like the photo that popped up of a very young Sonny Rollins. With the saxophone, we all say, hey, a young Sonny Rollins! Without the saxophone...who would we see? What would we see?

Coming on July 16:

9k=9k=71yP-dPa0mL.jpg