SOLD Blue Notes - The OGUN Collection 5CDs Out of Print Box Set

I'm helping a friend sell off his massive collection. He is a meticulous audiophile type, so all box sets are well cared for and from smoke free home. I suspect many of these were played just once, if even that. I spot checked these and haven't found a mark on most of the discs, but for now will conservatively grade all sets as VG++ though other will rate them higher (like NM)

Feel free to ask any questions

Can be combined with other CDs I have listed already.

Shipping to US only
Add $5 for MediaMail shipping
Payment is via PayPal.
If interested, please respond in thread and then PM.
Thank you.

Out of print 5 disc box set of wonderful jazz from South Africa.

Hard driving jazz that reminds me of the early Art Ensemble.    Lots of space, dissonance, chanting and percussion.  And a few whistles!!!

OGCD 024-028
Box is near mint. Looks unplayed.

Well designed set includes discs inside plastic sleeves inside papersleeves.

Box Set of 5 CDs and booklet of memories and photographs.

CD1 (OGCD 024): Recorded live in Durban, South Afrika in 1964, prior to the departure of the Blue Notes to appear by invitation at the Juan-Les-Prins Jazz Festival. Previously released on CD as OGCD 007 (Ogun, 1995).
Total Time - 72:50

CD2&3 (OGCD 025/026): Recorded on 23 December 1975 in a rehearsal room in London. It is the spontaneous tribute of four musicians who had assembled in London for the Memorial Service for their friend. Some of this music was originally available on LP as OGD 001/002 (Ogun, 1976).
Total Time - 78:47/78:21

CD4 (OGCD 027): Recorded live at the 100 Club, 100 Oxford Street, London W1, on 16 April 1977 by Ron Barron. Some of this music was originally available on LP as OG 220 (Ogun, 1978).
Total Time - 59:12

CD5 (OGCD 028): Recorded at Redan Studios, London on 18 August 1987. Tracks 1-6 released on LP as OG 532 (Ogun, 1987). Tracks 7-9 are alternate takes and are previously unreleased.
Total Time - 65:27

$95

Edited by Michael