“Miles, let me tell you what you were doing on that date...”

Hardbopjazz

Each of them Looks exactly how he is/was.

Marsalis Looks exactly like the guy who studied everything from Sheets and history books, he looks like the guy who even had to learn how to Play the blues, and then telling and lecturing us About what the blues is and telling us that Miles didn´t Play the blues properly ……. 

Miles seems to be amused that he´s photographed together with Wynton. Maybe Miles once told Wynton that as much trumpet as he Plays he really could go on and do something that´s his own, to  become a new voice on trumpet……. 

Any idea when this photo was done ?  Miles with slicked back and straightened hair. I always had remembered Miles with kinky hair. But I think when he made his comeback he always wore a hat, a cap, especially such a funny white and round  cap  like a hood that looked like a Baker´s cap.

And shortly before his death I think he had again that kinky Afro, only that it was a bit too much and made Miles look smaller and his head bigger, and the hair was a bit like the head of a poodle. I think it was a toupee, but too big how it looked. I heard he had expensive stylists and dressers but I don´t know if they really did a good job, the clothes he wore in his last years allways made him look shorter than he really was. Right when he started his comeback, he didn´t have all those stylists around him and still looked "like Miles" not like a parody of Miles. 

Marsalis must have been very young but he already starts to get heftier, I´ve heard he´s quite well rounded now. Maybe lecturing others about what is jazz and more important what is NOT jazz makes hungry. And if you tell everybody your opinion and dogmas, you don´t have to play so much trumpet. 

That´s Right ! 

It must have been a hair wave. And I also had heard About that deal with a japanese Fashion house. Now that you mentioned "Issy Miyake" I remember I once had bought an "Eau ´d Issy" from them. But my wife was not so fond of it so I didn´t re-buy it. 

Anyway: As more as I think About it, in the later years from 1987 on until his death, it seems to me more and more that Miles made efforts to become a parody of himself, for his playing and his Outfit. 

But what Counts is his Music. I still heard some strong Moments the last time I saw him in 1989 and anyway during the last weeks I´ve listend to some Miles Albums every day. 

About Wynton: When he started I still was delighted of what I heard . Shortly after his tenure with Blakey I heard him with VSOP II and with his own Group, the one with Mulgrew Miller etc. …… and I liked it.