Any guesses who is this woman with Sonny Rollins?

Hardbopjazz

Bertrand isn't the only one who would not have known this instinctively (yes I admit as much ...) so there is no reason to be so smart-aleckish about such a simple and honest question, erwbol (thanks, Brad, for your reply, BTW)

24 minutes ago, erwbol said:

Finding out for yourself would have taken up as much of your time as typing a response in this thread.

You must be typing awfully slow ...

FWIW, I did follow Brad's hint but still this isn't that straightforward.

I did copy the URL on images.google.com (using the procedure described here for a PC: )

https://uk.pcmag.com/how-to/71657/how-to-do-a-reverse-image-search-from-your-phone

and sure enough the very same photo came up on some Japanese site but sort of difficult to decipher and will lead you only to another photo gallery, hence a dead end. Not THAT fast ...

Edited by Big Beat Steve

I found Bertrand's question to be quite innocent and appropriate.

Wonder who's condescending here.

To further the knowledge of Bertand and me (and whoever else who'd been wondering ^_^), maybe Kevin Bresnahan would like to chime in once more to tell how HE did the reverse image search to end up NOT on that Japanese picture gallery site but on IMDB (unless he had already had a clue this must have come from that particular flick).;)

I'm not Kevin, but here's how I do it:

1. right click and save image to your hard drive
  2. go to google images search engine
  3. click on "search by image" and upload the image from your hard drive
  4. voilà! the results display web pages that contain matching images
Edited by sonnymax

Some people are not as adept at others at figuring things out.  I don’t think your comment was necessary.  

What I did was search reverse image search and it led me to tineye.com, which requires you to enter the photo’s address. I clicked on the photo and got the address. I then entered it in tineye and received the following result:

https://www.tineye.com/search/8ae62fb86711e3f769f0403405cb4125f922ec04?page=1

I clicked on the Getty Images link and discovered the answer. 

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Some people are not as adept at others at figuring things out.  I don’t think your comment was necessary.  

What I did was search reverse image search and it led me to tineye.com, which requires you to enter the photo’s address. I clicked on the photo and got the address. I then entered it in tineye and received the following result:

https://www.tineye.com/search/8ae62fb86711e3f769f0403405cb4125f922ec04?page=1

I clicked on the Getty Images link and discovered the answer. 

Decidedly Tineye worked better in this case than images.google did. Thanks, Brad (and Sonnymax too).

I just tried Tineye on some other photographs (that I had wondered where the poster had dug those up) and obtained quite instructive results. So it is now bookmarked.