Jazz musicians in TV commercials. Can you recall any?

Hardbopjazz

Re: that Arethan Franklin ad for Harmony House posted earlier. 

Harmony House was a metro Detroit chain of excellentall-round record stores, including one all-classical  stores  that was as fine a classical store as you could find anywhere. When Neeme Jarvi was music director of the Detroit Symphony Orchestra, he also did a commercial for Harmony House. Not jazz but fun.

You know you are old if I mention the phrase "And they call it Charlie" and you can instantly start humming the tune which once accompanied those words.  Here are different versions of that long ago ad campaign.  Bobby Short and Mel Torme are each featured singing the jingle in separate versions.  It's interesting seeing that right after the Torme version, the ad company took things in a whole new direction with a country western themed ad.  I'm guessing this was around the time Urban Cowboy  was a box office hit and the whole country discovered country (and jazz fell even further into neglect).

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, Hardbopjazz said:

Does anyone remember the commercial with Jon Hendricks?  I remember seeing it back in the 80s. I don’t remember what product he was pitching.

I want to say the commercial was for butter or margarine.  

It was Mazola. It was audio only, but it was memorable. I used it as the opening cut on one of my BFTs here, so it should still be on file at Thom Keith's site.

• 5 months later...

Nobody seems to remember any more, but Harold Vick, who was a great looking guy, was in a commercial for a bank - can't remember which one - in the '70s. I remember seeing him one night and he was talking about how he was able buy a Mercedes with his earnings.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...