RIP Rutger Hauer

43 minutes ago, bresna said:

I liked him in Flesh + Blood... um... I mean I liked that he got Jennifer Jason Leigh to get naked in Flesh + Blood. Beside that, it was a pretty terrible movie. :)

Is there really a special talent for getting Jennifer to do a nude scene? ;)

He was in a Sly Stallone movie, one of his better efforts - Nighthawks. (I mean Stallone's efforts - Hauer was awesome).  Also remember Hitcher as a highly enjoyable film with a chilling Hauer as the baddie.  RIP.

1 hour ago, Dan Gould said:

Is there really a special talent for getting Jennifer to do a nude scene? ;)

He was in a Sly Stallone movie, one of his better efforts - Nighthawks. (I mean Stallone's efforts - Hauer was awesome).  Also remember Hitcher as a highly enjoyable film with a chilling Hauer as the baddie.  RIP.

Yeah, The Hitcher!  C. Thomas Howell sucked (as often did back then) but Hauer was very good.

This is weirding me out.

This is the first I've heard of his death. A couple of days ago, though, I was out walking my dog and, for some reason, the Tears in the Rain scene from Blade Runner jumped in my head. I had not thought about him, the movie or that scene for a long, long time. I was visualizing it and and thinking about how much I loved the Roy Batty character. I was thinking how I believe it's one of my favorite movie scenes ever. I tried to think if other Hauer movies I'd seen and could not remember anything notable. I wondered to myself if that movie - Blade Runner - and that scene - Tears in the Rain - might have been the best he'd ever been. So I had this whole thought process about Rutger Hauer, unprompted and for no apparent reason.  Then, I come to the board today and saw that he died - Wednesday - two days ago.

• "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die."

Sad, but a little creepy for me personally.

RIP Rutger Hauer - and thanks for one of my favorite movie memories

BTW, my dog - a Plott Hound - is named Dexy.  She's a female so Dex or Dexter wouldn't work.

On 7/26/2019 at 3:44 AM, Shrdlu said:

Rutger was excellent as Albert Speer in "Inside The Third Reich". The rest of the cast were excellent, too.

Agreed. An excellent miniseries, well worth seeing, but his role in "Blade Runner" is hard to beat. RIP.

gregmo