Tubby Hayes - The Complete Fontana Albums (September 27, 2019)

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, RiRiIII said:

Vinyl set is today in-stock. So they should ship today.

CD set available on the 20th of December.

Could it be a Tubby-tastic weekend coming up then? Hope so.

I’ve ordered the CD version as well, so that I have all the alternates. There’s dedication to the cause for you. :) The CD set is likely to get more play as well.

Not even heard the ‘Grits’ album yet either so that will be a nice surprise too.

Edited by sidewinder

20 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

LP set just arrived. Looks great almost too good to open 😁

What ? :o

I think my set must be a bit delayed due to the CD set to be shipped with it. Damn !

I will console myself with spinning some original Tubby Fontana..;)

Edited by sidewinder

23 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Still waiting !

Hopefully I’ll get the package on or ofter the 20th, when the CD set is issued via udiscover. As long as it arrives by Xmas !

Just ordered mine via Udiscover too. Can't understand (*) why Amazon (UK) decided to up their original price by over 25% thus doing themselves out of several customers including me?

(*)that was a rhetorical question as I think I can guess the answer

Based on a tip from superdeluxeedition.com, I pre-ordered this from amazon.ca (Canada) today, $48.29 including shipping for the 13-CD set.  Would have been $70.38 from amazon.com.

https://www.amazon.ca/Complete-Fontana-Albums-1961-1969-11CD/dp/B07XK9WDSY/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=tubby+hayes+complete+fontana&qid=1576688780&s=music&sr=1-1

12 minutes ago, felser said:

Based on a tip from superdeluxeedition.com, I pre-ordered this from amazon.ca (Canada) today, $48.29 including shipping for the 13-CD set.  Would have been $70.38 from amazon.com.

https://www.amazon.ca/Complete-Fontana-Albums-1961-1969-11CD/dp/B07XK9WDSY/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=tubby+hayes+complete+fontana&qid=1576688780&s=music&sr=1-1

Very good price but too bad about the New Year wait.

Hoping I finally get my sets on Friday or thereabouts in time for an Xmas Tubby blowout. The Amazon UK price is ridiculous though.

Really looking forward to the Gearbox vinyl !

Edited by sidewinder

You’re not the only one to have had issues, Clunky. Something went wrong with the original card processing of mine so I just had to re-order the whole lot from scratch. ;)

Maybe worth a wander round the neighbourhood to see if anyone is playing ‘Dear Johnny B’ through their window at full volume?

Hermes are not my favourite delivery company..

Edited by sidewinder