Tubby Hayes - The Complete Fontana Albums (September 27, 2019)

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, mjazzg said:

Sorry to hear about these tribulations.

It is worth the wait :ph34r:

Well after chasing Decca this morning I got no direct reply but I did get an automated email saying I’d receive the parcel this evening. Hermes have had my parcel for 10 days.  I then get another email saying it’d been delivered . Only snag is that whoever has received the set isn’t me. They are completely incompetent. Of no possibility of speaking with anyone to complain. I’ll try the neighbours in the morning 

Mine was a signed for delivery but I only realised that when I got the delivery confirmation email - the signature image was my name but not my signature. I can only assume the courier "signed" for it retrospectively.

It wouldn't surprise me if you get a knock on the door this evening or tomorrow.

Hermes have always been my least favourite delivery company.

12 hours ago, sidewinder said:

Pretty rubbish service from udiscover/Hermes I have to say. They have a few more days yet to redeem themselves. ;)

Maybe the diabolical wet weather and typhoons in Surrey are delaying things?

I’m dealing with another company at the moment that promised delivery before Christmas on a gift.  Nothing after a week, not even a promised confirmation of availability. They just lie and take your money. 

17 hours ago, TheMusicalMarine said:

Damn. I paid $90 to UDiscover.

But I paid 60€ on friday for it at a physical store. So how can uDiscover charge 90$ for it? Is that including shipping? Then I understand it a little more. Though it still is quite expensive shipping. But that's what shipping is going to at this moment. If it's going on like that I'll end ordering on the net.

I doubted for a minute if switching to uDiscover for having it before, but I seem to have done the right thing. Plus I have a good relationship to the sales manager in that store and I have email exchange with her.

44 minutes ago, Sydster said:

Hi

Vinyl package received in New York via DHL which I ordered direct from shop.decca.com back in July. It has been sequestered for gift exchange but the packaging seems secure and intact. 

A minor miracle - congrats !

The golden rule seems to be, if you have to use these guys, order the LP set only. 

The roads in this country seem to be absolutely devoid of Hermes vans. Haven’t seen one for weeks. ;)

Edited by sidewinder

I eventually found my LP set when walking the dogs to the park. The Hermes delivery operative had left it outside a house further down the street. Unfortunately for me my the occupiers were away so it sat outside in the open for 24 hours before I found it. No reply from either Hermes or Decca about the non delivery. Not confidence inspiring. Outer packaging was quite damaged but LPs so far seem ok.