Woodstock As it Happened: 50 Years On

Brad

For those who may be interested, WXPN, the radio station of the University of Pennsylvania, www.xpn.org, is presenting the Woodstock concert: "Over three days, we’ll play newly reconstructed audio archives of each of Woodstock’s 32 performances, from Richie Havens’ opening set to Jimi Hendrix’s closing one and everything in between, in as close to real time as possible. From Thursday, August 15 at 5:07 p.m. through Sunday morning, tune in to hear the Grateful Dead, Janis Joplin, Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, and so many more — just as they sounded in 1969 during the weekend that would shape a generation."

See XPN presents Woodstock — As It Happened — 50 Years On

Very cool programming idea.  My alma mater, and where Michael Cuscuna cut his teeth five years ahead of me.  Other major talents, such as the great Michael Tearson, and Gene Shay and David Dye have been involved with the station through the years.  It is a Philly institution along with WRTI, the Temple U. radio station, and only legit jazz station in the city (though it is only a shadow of what it was in its prime, with Harrison Ridley Jr., Kim Berry, etc.).   WXPN has remained vital through the years.

On 8/13/2019 at 10:07 AM, felser said:

Very cool programming idea.  My alma mater, and where Michael Cuscuna cut his teeth five years ahead of me.  Other major talents, such as the great Michael Tearson, and Gene Shay and David Dye have been involved with the station through the years.  It is a Philly institution along with WRTI, the Temple U. radio station, and only legit jazz station in the city (though it is only a shadow of what it was in its prime, with Harrison Ridley Jr., Kim Berry, etc.).   WXPN has remained vital through the years.

I’m finding this to be a great station. Lots of interesting music. Think I may make a contribution.