FMP OWN Series

colinmce

Out of curiosity, does anyone here have any particular details about the short series of discs released by FMP in the 90s that carried an OWN-9000x catalog number? Were these produced or organized by a particular musician, or around any particular theme? I have several but none contain notes to that effect; best I can think is that they contain some of the more experimental (ha!) music on the label, with often liberal use of electronics, overdubbing, etc. Anyways, some very interesting and worthwhile music on these albums.

Features Of Usel  album cover Uschi Brüning & Ernst-Ludwig Petrowsky Features Of Usel (CD, Album) OWN-90001 1992  

Piano Duets • Live In Berlin 93/94  album cover Aki Takase & Alex von Schlippenbach* Piano Duets • Live In Berlin 93/94 (Album)  2 versions OWN-90002 1995  

Gute Und Schlechte Zeiten  album cover Erhard Hirt Gute Und Schlechte Zeiten (CD, Album) OWN-90003 1994  

Bits And Pieces  album cover Wolfgang Fuchs Solo and Duets with Evan Parker & Jean-Marc Montera Bits And Pieces (CD, Album) OWN-90004 1996  

Inside Insight  album cover Bernhard Arndt Inside Insight (Album)  2 versions OWN-90005 1996  

Two Concerts  album cover Minton* / Butcher* / Hirt* Two Concerts (Album)  2 versions OWN-90006 1998  

Virtual COWWS  album cover Rüdiger Carl / COWWS-Quintett* Virtual COWWS (Album)  2 versions OWN-90009 1998  

Saxoridoo  album cover Friedemann Graef / Achim Goettert Saxoridoo (Album)  2 versions OWN 90010 1998  

Freedom Of Speech  album cover Schröder*  Walsdorff*  Jenneßen* Freedom Of Speech (Album)  2 versions OWN-90011 1999  

8 Pieces For Single Listeners / You Never Give Me Your Pillow  album cover Gregor Hotz - Solo / Gregor Hotz + Nicholas Bussmann 8 Pieces For Single Listeners / You Never Give Me Your Pillow (Album)  2 versions OWN-90012 1999  

Blank  album cover Augst* · Carl* · Korn* Blank (CD, Album) OWN-90013 2000  

Book / Virtual Cowws  album cover Rüdiger Carl Book / Virtual Cowws (3xCD + Box) OWN-90007/9 1998  

this was under Helma Schleif's administration of FMP. The divisions of FMP were partly due to artists' pay-in, and smaller sub-labels like OWN or Uhl Klang were basically imprints where artists could use FMP's distribution and manufacturing for material that would otherwise have been self-released. I think the artists bought in with these smaller imprints, whereas to have something on FMP did not require such a buy-in.

28 minutes ago, clifford_thornton said:

this was under Helma Schleif's administration of FMP. The divisions of FMP were partly due to artists' pay-in, and smaller sub-labels like OWN or Uhl Klang were basically imprints where artists could use FMP's distribution and manufacturing for material that would otherwise have been self-released. I think the artists bought in with these smaller imprints, whereas to have something on FMP did not require such a buy-in.

Awesome, thanks. That's a bit like what I was thinking.

3 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

I like the look of the Fuchs, may have to track one of them down

It's very good. I would also highly, highly recommend August/Carl/Korn - Blank. It's incredible.

1 hour ago, colinmce said:

Awesome, thanks. That's a bit like what I was thinking.

It's very good. I would also highly, highly recommend August/Carl/Korn - Blank. It's incredible.

Thanks. I'll take a look for that too. Looks like I can get a Fuchs at a reasonable enough cost