Please go into my loft

David Ayers

Ok two things: first, can someone please check through the boxes in my loft to see if I have a copy of Tracks (Incus 42). I think I have got one but - you know what lofts are like.

Also, can anyone explain what happened to my Japanese CD of Archie Shepp, Live in San Francisco? Did I sell it because I was going to buy the US issue which includes Three for a Quarter? Or lose it? Or? Maybe I sold it to one of you lot...

MVCI, I think, not UCCI.

So, as none of you lot got your act together, I set off up there myself...only to have the ladder collapse on me. So now I need a new loft ladder...

So none of us can go up there.  But that doesn’t clear up what happened to the Shepp CD. Well? 

I think I’ve got the Jasmine vinyl, and I certainly have an original Three for a Quarter. But they are in the LOFT!

PS I’m a dog person. 

I've never stuck a thermometer up there but i can say that on the few summer days that I had to venture up there, I needed a change of clothing afterward. :) I can attest that most records stored up there will warp. I've been given several attic collections over the years and it's usually a 50/50 chance that a record is warped.

We're kinda screwed in New England. Store records in the attic and they'll probably warp. Store them in the basement and they'll probably mold. It makes used record shopping so fun. Basement records are easy as they almost all smell. Attic records are trickier since warped records are not always obvious until you play them.

• 3 months later...