Review of Miles' "Birth of the Cool Documentary"

Tumblr! Oath!

Illegible and inaccessible from Europe (or elsewhere?) unless you consent to cookies, log in with an "account" (what account?). And all this with the clear intention to spam the reader with (clearly unwanted) ads and "personalized" popups'n stuff, including from "partners " (what partners?). Neither useful nor customer-friendly.

Edited by Big Beat Steve

20 minutes ago, CJ Shearn said:

Richard Brody's opinion is just as valid, but I'm not sure what he was expecting from a film making standpoint.  I did not agree with his Both Directions At Once review last year.  To each their own!

I’m not sure about his opinion being valid. I’m not a big fan of many of his reviews. 

13 hours ago, CJ Shearn said:

Sorry about that Steve.  None of that comes up when I use Tumblr.  I want to eventually put everything on a wordpress

FWIW, Automattic, the parent company of WordPress, just acquired Tumblr a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if that'll eventually mean more integration between the two platforms or not, but either way Tumblr's certain to be in better hands than it was with Yahoo/Verizon. 

Edited by Dave Garrett

2 hours ago, ghost of miles said:

Me neither.

I see what you both mean.  I mean valid as in he has an opinion as I do mine, but the few reviews I've seen, not sure what vantage point he's coming from...  it's like ok, I KNOW exactly what to expect from say, "Rubber Band" so I'm not gonna hope it's like whatever I think it should be, I try to look at what I review for what's there in the music, not what I think should be there.

13 hours ago, Dave Garrett said:

FWIW, Automattic, the parent company of WordPress, just acquired Tumblr a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if that'll eventually mean more integration between the two platforms or not, but either way Tumblr's certain to be in better hands than it was with Yahoo/Verizon. 

Oh Very cool.  I use Wordpress for my New York Jazz Workshop and I enjoy the flexibility.