Where is Noj?

Noj has told me in private messages that he is too busy to host a Blindfold Test these days. Years ago, on another music board which I used to belong to, and which Noj belonged to as well, he would often write about his life as a single man who did not have anyone to date. His lonely social life was kind of a running thing that his friends on that other board would comment on in a supportive way.

Now he has a wife and children, is not lonely, and is very busy. Maybe when all of his children are off to college he will come back here, in the 2030s.

Edited by Hot Ptah

Hey Guys,

BFrank hipped me to this, thought I would check in. Thanks for the thread, TTK!

The last five years have been very eventful for me. I met a girl, fell in love, got married, and now I am a father of two beautiful little girls.

When my second child was on her way I was laid off from my job and couldn’t make the rent so we were forced to move into a 400 square foot converted garage. My music collection went into storage while I worked to get my professional life back together and my family into a decent living space.

I have been clawing my way up in a special effects company which is very demanding of my time. The rest of my time goes to my wife and munchkins. I’m glad to report I have managed to put a nice roof over our heads.

Collecting music and discussing it and researching it has been put way on the back burner for me—but I sure miss this place and all the great music knowledge that’s here!

I’ll be back on when time permits.

Cheers,

Jon

4 hours ago, Noj said:

Hey Guys,

The last five years have been very eventful for me. I met a girl, fell in love, got married, and now I am a father of two beautiful little girls.

When my second child was on her way I was laid off from my job and couldn’t make the rent so we were forced to move into a 400 square foot converted garage. My music collection went into storage while I worked to get my professional life back together and my family into a decent living space.

I have been clawing my way up in a special effects company which is very demanding of my time. The rest of my time goes to my wife and munchkins. I’m glad to report I have managed to put a nice roof over our heads.

Collecting music and discussing it and researching it has been put way on the back burner for me—but I sure miss this place and all the great music knowledge that’s here!

Cheers,

Jon

Great to hear from you Jon/Noj!  Glad things are going well for you!  

Just wanted you to know that I always enjoyed your contributions to the board and was thinking about you.

Wishing you continued happiness!

• 5 months later...
6 hours ago, Dan Gould said:

Not particularly but when Mark died I'd begun to wonder if your cancer had gotten worse and you also shuffled off this mortal coil.

So there's that. Glad you are among the living!

Gladly and gratefully,  I am still here though the battle with this cancer wages on. My numbers have leveled off, but as Mark knew and I know, there is no cure for this cancer. And so it goes. Hope all is well with you as well, Dan.

On 30/08/2019 at 7:23 PM, Noj said:

Hey Guys,

Cheers,

Jon

Missed this until now. Very good to hear from you, Jon.