Circle

mjzee

I would like them (Braxton, Corea, Holland, Altschul) to book the Maison de l'O.R.T.F., Paris, France (assuming this still exists...I couldn't tell from this Wikipedia page) for February 21, 2021, which would be 50 years from the Paris-Concert album date.  I'd like them to kick off the concert with Nefertiti, and play some of the compositions they played then (Lookout Farm, There Is No Greater Love), along with whatever strikes their fancies now.  It would be fascinating to A-B the performances, comparing then and now.  Do age and experience win out over youth and enthusiasm, or not?

20 hours ago, Mark Stryker said:

Can Chick engage meaningfully with Braxton in a musical language akin to Circle's original aesthetic as opposed to all the other musical languages that Chick has been associated with in the last 49 years, the answer is: "yes."  

Would be a challenge for Braxton to dip back into the original Circle aesthetic himself, as his music has changed quite a bit in the last 49 years too.

On 9/9/2019 at 10:29 AM, Steve Reynolds said:

Thankfully for all of them - they are all busy and all are still very productive.

true!

22 hours ago, Guy Berger said:

I probably read the phrase "Braxton and Corea don't mix" too strongly...

Without looking it up, I thought Braxton split over the Scientology thing. Wouldn't be the first or last time someone did that.