Physics explains why time passes faster as you age

JSngry

The take I developed on this when I was much younger (in my early 20s) is that it's more simply a matter of vhronological proportion.  If you are 10 years old, a year represents 1/10th of your lifetime (remember how long a year seemed when you were a kid?).  By the time you're 30, a year represents 1/30th of your lifetime... by age 50, 1/50th, etc.  The same applies to days, weeks, months, or whatever standard of measurement you're using.  So your sense of how long a certain division of time takes to pass is naturally going to seem less and less as you continue to get older.  

It seems like I'm perpetually thinking it's still a whole month ago, and stuff from 6 weeks ago seems like 2-3 weeks ago (tops).  Like it's already Sept. 18 -- and yet I feel like I'm barely ready for August to be over with (mentally) -- and wasn't it Sept 1st like just sometime last week?

And November and December are even worse, with the holidays.  It'll be the end of October, and then like in the blink of an eye, the week of Thanksgiving is next week, no wait, that already this week now.  And then it seems like barely a week after I'm back, it's already almost time to fly back home for Christmas.  And then in another blink, I've got deadlines related to the quarterly meetings I've got at work in late January.

An individual afternoon like seem like it takes forever.  So much so, even, that by the time it's over, that same morning (earlier the same day) can already seem fully like yesterday morning.

I turned 50 this year, and I don't remember it being like this 10 years ago when I was 40.