Bobby Bradford "Stealin' Home" on Jackie Robinson

Adam

Article in LA Times:

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/music/story/2019-09-25/bobby-bradford-jackie-robinson-stealin-home

Performing 4 times between now and the end of the year.

The other person interviewed, Terry Cannon, is a wonderful person who, besides running the Baseball Reliquary now, also founded Pasadena Filmforum in 1975.  Pasadena Filmforum evolved into Los Angeles Filmforum, which I now run.  

• 10 months later...

The CD from this suite will be released soon.  Terry Cannon, who organized it, died on Sunday of cancer and one of his last acts was editing the liner notes by Lynell George.  It's also been mastered.  Not sure when pressing will happen now, but I don't think Terry's passing will delay it long.

Terry was also the first one to invite Mark Cantor to present a show of jazz films, which he did at Pasadena Filmforum in the late 1970s.  

Here's more on Terry, that I just sent out:

https://mailchi.mp/lafilmforum/terry-cannon-remembrance?e=e897c1456b

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i ordered through the baseball site, but it looks like it was fulfilled by Cryptogramaphone. That's what the return address was on the package.No idea about bandcamp, but it seems like it should be in there somewhere, unless this is a really limited edition for baseball people.

25 minutes ago, JSngry said:

i ordered through the baseball site, but it looks like it was fulfilled by Cryptogramaphone. That's what the return address was on the package.No idea about bandcamp, but it seems like it should be in there somewhere, unless this is a really limited edition for baseball people.

Found it at bandcamp.