2019-2020 MLB Hot Stove Thread

JSngry

https://sports.yahoo.com/dallas-keuchel-apologizes-for-astros-signstealing-scandal-but-isnt-happy-mike-fiers-spoke-out-234410207.html

QUOTE Keuchel said he was sorry for the situation, but made sure to stress the team didn’t cheat during EVERY game.UNQUOTE

How to make a bad situation even worse .... beyond belief ....

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

More on how Andy Pettitte played a key role in getting Gerrit Cole to sign with the Yankees.  Andy’s one of my all-time favorite Yankees... not surprised that Cole looked up to him when he was younger and sought his counsel so much during the meeting.  AP’s not just a class act; he’s genuinely likable, and sports one of the best postseason pitching records in MLB history. Glad that he’s still part of the organization.

Apparently, they tried to retrade (renegotiating a point in the late stages of a deal that you’ve given up on earlier).  That’s a no no and frowned upon.  There was nothing that would tick me off more than people trying to retrade. Am I shocked the Wilpons would do that? No. 

16 minutes ago, Brad said:

Apparently, they tried to retrade (renegotiating a point in the late stages of a deal that you’ve given up on earlier).  That’s a no no and frowned upon.  There was nothing that would tick me off more than people trying to retrade. Am I shocked the Wilpons would do that? No. 

That's hilarious. Imagine trying to scum a big-time professional trader in that manner! :lol: No, not surprising that the Wilpons would try it.

Edited by T.D.