JSngry

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 11/22/2019 at 5:43 PM, Matthew said:

It really is a "what might have been" with Griffey. I saw him play a lot when I lived in the Seattle area, he was amazing, there was nothing he couldn't do on the field. I still find it hard to believe that I use to go to games where Randy Johnson pitched, with Griffey & ARod in the lineup. It was a pleasure to see those guys play at that kind of level.

I saw that trio play a spring training game in Tucson early 1990s behind homeplate 

27 minutes ago, Dan Gould said:

So if Cashman has a blank check already signed by the Steinbrenner Bros, does anyone have a chance to keep Cole away from the AL East? My interest in the 2020 (AL) season may depend on it.

I’d obviously love to see the Yankees sign Cole, but I’m already happy about the new pitching coach hire that was announced last month:

Yankees hire Matt Blake as new pitching coach

I also think that Cole is by no means in the bag for NY. The Angels seem to have an open-wallet determination to sign him as well.

What about Strasburg? CW seems to be that he’ll reup with the Nats after having opted out. 

Edited by ghost of miles

3 minutes ago, ghost of miles said:

I’d obviously love to see the Yankees sign Cole, but I’m already happy about the new pitching coach hire that was announced last month:

Yankees hire Matt Blake as new pitching coach

I also think that Cole is by no means in the bag for NY. The Angels seem to have an open-wallet determination to sign him as well.

What about Strasburg? CW seems to be that he’ll reup with the Nats after having opted out. 

Independently of Cole I would love to see the Yankees less injury prone (which is compared to last season easily doable ....) and especially their pitchers finally having a season of overachievement - so probably Matt Blake is key for that target ....

2 hours ago, soulpope said:

Independently of Cole I would love to see the Yankees less injury prone (which is compared to last season easily doable ....) and especially their pitchers finally having a season of overachievement - so probably Matt Blake is key for that target ....

I'm definitely feeling better about NY's pitching in general with Blake in place.  So much underperformance in recent years from the rotation, with the Sonny Gray debacle the worst of all.  Larry Rothschild hasn't stayed unemployed, though; he's now landed with the Padres.  Some speculation, probably justified, that the Yankees pursued Blake partly in order to make a stronger case to Cole for signing with them.  Btw apparently Dodgers are in on trying to lure Cole to their organization as well.

5 minutes ago, ghost of miles said:

Larry Rothschild hasn't stayed unemployed, though; he's now landed with the Padres.  Some speculation, probably justified, that the Yankees pursued Blake partly in order to make a stronger case to Cole for signing with them. 

Even without Cole, Yankees pitching can`t be worse than under Larry Rothschild`s guidance/expertise .... at least I do hope so ....

26 minutes ago, soulpope said:

The World Series MVP is staying in D.C.

Nationals, Stephen Strasburg agree to seven-year, $245 million deal, per ESPN's Jeff Passan.

That is a heckuva huge contract for a guy who’ll be turning 32 about halfway through next season. Also ups the ante for Cole, who’s two years younger.