Jeff Goldblum - I Shouldn't Be Telling You This

GA Russell

Decca Records

cover-4c740e23cfb249b1819398a21b944f4f-f

Artist Title Time    

Jeff Goldblum & The Mildred Snitzer Orchestra Let's Face The Music And Dance 04:07    
  Jeff Goldblum & The Mildred Snitzer Orchestra The Sidewinder / The Beat Goes On 04:32    
  Jeff Goldblum & The Mildred Snitzer Orchestra Driftin' 04:43    
  Jeff Goldblum & The Mildred Snitzer Orchestra The Thrill Is Gone / Django 03:55    
  Jeff Goldblum & The Mildred Snitzer Orchestra The Kicker 03:47    
  Jeff Goldblum & The Mildred Snitzer Orchestra Don’t Worry ‘Bout Me 03:24    
  Jeff Goldblum & The Mildred Snitzer Orchestra The Cat 02:51    
  Jeff Goldblum & The Mildred Snitzer Orchestra Four On Six / Broken English 04:09    
  Jeff Goldblum & The Mildred Snitzer Orchestra If I Knew Then 01:44    
  Jeff Goldblum & The Mildred Snitzer Orchestra Make Someone Happy 04:43    
  Jeff Goldblum & The Mildred Snitzer Orchestra Little Man You've Had A Busy Day 03:46    

JEFF GOLDBLUM

‘I SHOULDN’T BE TELLING YOU THIS’

FEATURING…

MILEY CYRUS • SHARON VAN ETTEN • FIONA APPLE •

ANNA CALVI • GREGORY PORTER • INARA GEORGE • GINA SAPUTO

& VOCALS FROM JEFF GOLDBLUM! 

‘I SHOULDN’T BE TELLING YOU THIS’

OUT NOW GLOBALLY ON DECCA RECORDS!

‘The Thrill Is Gone/Django’ featuring Miley Cyrus OUT NOW 

‘Make Someone Happy’ featuring Gregory Porter LISTEN HERE

‘Let’s Face The Music And Dance’ featuring Sharon Van Etten LISTEN HERE

“I’m crying with ecstasy over this new album. Creatively, I’m happy as a clam. This collection of cohorts (cream of the crop), with whom I get to cavort, is outa this cosmos. Ouch, my crackling cranium! I’m crowing!!!” – Jeff Goldblum

After his live set being hailed as one of Glastonbury 2019’s most iconic moments this summer, Jeff Goldblum today releases his second studio album. With his long-time band The Mildred Snitzer Orchestra, the enticingly-titled album ‘I Shouldn’t Be Telling You This’ is out now on Decca Records and features an impressive array of surprising duet guests.

With last year’s debut – which was met with glowing reviews and landed the Hollywood icon a No.1 jazz album in both the UK and US – Goldblum was described in The Times as performing an important service by "reminding us that jazz should be allowed to be fun". With playing that is “as loose and improvisational as his acting” (Daily Telegraph) Goldblum yet again brings his on-screen charisma and eccentricities to the piano, with a style that is totally unique.

And this time, we are treated not only to his piano-playing skills but to his incredibly distinctive voice, as the man himself takes centre stage to sing ‘Little Man, You’ve Had A Busy Day’. First released on Decca in 1934, it is here particularly poignant coming from the father of two young Goldblum sons.

But before his closing lullaby, Goldblum has assembled an extraordinary gang of vocalists from all walks of musical life, some of whom reveal their jazz voices for the very first time. Following the triumphant Glastonbury performance, acclaimed singer-songwriter Sharon Van Etten stars on the first single, Irving Berlin’s classic number ‘Let’s Face The Music and Dance’. Then, perhaps even more unexpected, joining Jeff for the sultry single ‘The Thrill Is Gone’ is none other than pop sensation Miley Cyrus

The star line-up goes on. Grammy-winning singing sensation Gregory Porter brings his irresistible velvet voice to the second single ‘Make Someone Happy’ as the pair are reunited, after first performing together on BBC One’s Graham Norton Show. Brit Award and Mercury Prize nominee Anna Calvi lends her smoky vocals to a clever mash-up of Wes Montgomery’s ‘Four on Six’ and Marianne Faithful’s ‘Broken English’. The 1954 Frank Sinatra hit ‘Don’t Worry ‘Bout Me’ features Grammy Award-winning Fiona Apple, Sonny & Cher favourite ‘The Beat Goes On’ is sung by American singer-songwriter Inara George, and the 1939 hit ‘If I Knew Then’ is recorded here with one of LA’s most in demand jazz singers,Gina Saputo

In between the variety of world-class vocalists, instrumental tracks such as Herbie Hancock’s ‘Driftin’ and Lalo Schifrin’s ‘The Cat’ show off the band’s dazzling jazz licks.

The album cover image was shot at Frank Sinatra’s house and shows Goldblum playing the white baby-grand on a floating stage in the middle of the piano shaped swimming pool.

Recorded in the heart of Hollywood, at Henson Recording Studios (home to records from Herb Alpert, John Lennon, The Carpenters, Joni Mitchell and Carole King), with ‘I Shouldn’t Be Telling You This’ Jeff Goldblum and The Mildred Snitzer Orchestra again deliver the feel and the swing like no one else.

Jeff Goldblum’s new album ‘I Shouldn’t Be Telling You This’ is OUT NOW on Decca Records

TRACKLIST

01. Let’s Face The Music and Dance (featuring Sharon Van Etten)

02. The Sidewinder / The Beat Goes On (featuring Inara George)

03. Driftin’

04. The Thrill Is Gone / Django (featuring Miley Cyrus)

05. The Kicker

06. Don’t Worry ‘Bout Me (featuring Fiona Apple)

07. The Cat

08. Four on Six / Broken English (featuring Anna Calvi)

09. If I Knew Then (featuring Gina Saputo)

10. Make Someone Happy (featuring Gregory Porter)

11. Little Man, You’ve Had A Busy Day (featuring Jeff Goldblum)