“Comfortably Numb” while getting numb at the dentist office

gvopedz

The treatment room in the office of my dentist has a speaker on the ceiling that lets you hear classic rock.  Sure enough, while waiting for the anesthesia to take effect in my mouth, the song selection coming out of the speaker included Pink Floyd’s “I…have become…comfortably numb.” 

1 hour ago, Rooster_Ties said:

Had to get an MRI on my shoulder yesterday (which takes about 30 min in the tube). You get headphones, and your choice of music (to a degree). I said “jazz”, and fortunately the guy asked if I wanted smooth jazz, or traditional.

Traditional got me Kind of Blue!

When I got an MRI, they allowed me to bring my own CDs. I brought Mobley's "Soul Station" and I couldn't hear a lick of it over the "NYAHNN, NYAHNNN, NYAHNNN, NYAHNNN... KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK... NYAHNNN, NYHANN, NYAHNNN. :) :)

1 hour ago, bresna said:

When I got an MRI, they allowed me to bring my own CDs. I brought Mobley's "Soul Station" and I couldn't hear a lick of it over the "NYAHNN, NYAHNNN, NYAHNNN, NYAHNNN... KNOCK, KNOCK, KNOCK... NYAHNNN, NYHANN, NYAHNNN. :) :)

:D

I had to undergo one in 2012 and IIRC the music in the backgroud was some sort of elevator music. I certainly would not have cared for my favorite music (even that of the after-hours variety) at that moment as I was there for a slipped disc (no, the BG record was out of the question too :P) and it required enough of an effort to remain totally immobile for the duration of the MRI despite the excruciating pain in my lower spine. smilie_krank_106.gif

But I will tell my better half about that dentist thing. She works in the "trade". ;)

Edited by Big Beat Steve

23 minutes ago, Brad said:

When I have to have a MRI I don’t bother with music as you can’t hear anything with all that banging. 

I that regard, Kind of Blue wasn't all that bad a choice to listen to (despite all the MRI banging) -- since I knew KOB inside and out, and my brain filled in all the details I couldn't really hear.