What happened to the thread on Manne in London?

David Ayers

My confusion arose because there are two delete buttons -- one under "options," which deletes only the post that's just been posted, and one under moderation actions (it's down at the lower right corner) which unfortunately deletes the whole thread.
But what do you mean by "just edit the stupid post"? No amount of editing would have made it less stupid.  I did try to erase all the words from it, but the then empty post box still remained there with my name on it, so I then hit the wrong delete button, the "moderation actions" one at the lower right  corner, in order, mistakenly, to get rid of that empty post box. The only answer then is to post the stupid post that you now don't want to post and then quickly delete it using the options/delete button and stay far away from the moderation actions delete button forever?
Excuse me, President Trump is asking for advice on how to use the red phone.

9 hours ago, Larry Kart said:

But what do you mean by "just edit the stupid post"? No amount of editing would have made it less stupid.  I did try to erase all the words from it, but the then empty post box still remained there with my name on it, so I then hit the wrong delete button, the "moderation actions" one at the lower right  corner, in order, mistakenly, to get rid of that empty post box. The only answer then is to post the stupid post that you now don't want to post and then quickly delete it using the options/delete button and stay far away from the moderation actions delete button forever?

This accidental thread deletion has been a recurring, uh...thing for a bit now. So I'm simply suggesting that if you make what you think is a stupid post, rather than rolling the dice on which delete button is the one for the post and which one is for the thread (and that really is a game of chance, they change every few seconds, you know), just edit the post to read something like "post edited to remove stupid content rather than accidentally deleting the thread. Love, Larry."

Or just leave the stupid post, quote yourself, and then say, "oh, that was stupid. Never mind!. Peace, Larry".

Just don't delete no more threads if you keep from it. I don't know that it's necessarily stupid to delete these threads, but it's not pretty.

comedy-is-not-pretty.jpg

1 hour ago, JSngry said:

This accidental thread deletion has been a recurring, uh...thing for a bit now. So I'm simply suggesting that if you make what you think is a stupid post, rather than rolling the dice on which delete button is the one for the post and which one is for the thread (and that really is a game of chance, they change every few seconds, you know), just edit the post to read something like "post edited to remove stupid content rather than accidentally deleting the thread. Love, Larry."

Or just leave the stupid post, quote yourself, and then say, "oh, that was stupid. Never mind!. Peace, Larry".

Just don't delete no more threads if you keep from it. I don't know that it's necessarily stupid to delete these threads, but it's not pretty.

comedy-is-not-pretty.jpg

OK.