Hot Ptah

We have had a year of Blindfold Tests which were excellent musically, and which expanded our knowledge of music. I have thoroughly enjoyed the music which was presented.

I would like to extend an invitation to all, to sign up to present a Blindfold Test in 2020

I hope that some members who have not presented before will want to do it. Thom Keith and I will help you with everything. Information on how to set up in the Blindfold Test is contained in the topic in this Blindfold Test section entitled:

How To: Setting up a Blindfold Test

I will fill in this chart as members step forward to volunteer:

January           Dan Gould

February          Milestones

March               Hot Ptah

April                   Cardinal Jazz Fan

May                  webbcity

June                   Dennis Gonzalez

July                     tkeith

August                Eric Klaxton

September         Joe

October              mjzee

November              JSngry

December              felser

Edited by Hot Ptah

16 hours ago, felser said:

Ok I'll do December since apparently I Can run but I sho can't hide 😀

Thanks, John. You have December.

15 hours ago, tkeith said:

July, please.

You have July!

13 hours ago, Dan Gould said:

And like Felser I declared that I was done but every time I think I'm out they pull me back in. January please.

You have January, Dan!

3 hours ago, Ken Dryden said:

I will be happy to due June, or if another earlier month is available.

Thanks! June is all yours!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 6:18 PM, Joe said:

I'll take September if it is still available!

You have September!

19 hours ago, webbcity said:

I can take May (unless I should do a later month since I just did one in November?)…

You have May!

18 hours ago, felser said:

IMO, if we can't get 12 different people, it's desirable to go to people being permitted to do two a year, to fill the calender.  

That may become necessary. We will see if it is.

We clearly need to double up if we are to keep the BFT going.  I'm counting only 9-10 people who are pretty much regulars at creating and partaking.  

It is curious that there aren't more people interested.  I came late to the game myself.  Maybe more will enter, but getting a really decent number (like 20) seems out of the question. 

2 hours ago, Misterioso said:

Given the limited time I have available for listening to music, I doubt I ever will reach the depth of knowledge necessary to participate in a BFT without making a fool of myself. That's the sad truth.

Don't worry about ID'ing the music, just respond on what you like and don't like, and why.  There is no right or wrong on that.  And the biggest reward to the presenter is just to know that people care enough to listen and respond.

11 hours ago, felser said:

Don't worry about ID'ing the music, just respond on what you like and don't like, and why.  There is no right or wrong on that.  And the biggest reward to the presenter is just to know that people care enough to listen and respond.

My wife pointed out that I should share that I willingly make a fool of myself all the time on this board, but I told her I didn't think that was a good idea :P.

On 2/4/2020 at 10:48 AM, Hot Ptah said:

You have May!

Thank you!

15 hours ago, felser said:

Agreed. It's very rare for me that I make a correct guess on these things, but I still enjoy trying...and listening! And just commenting on what I hear. That's the main thing.

4 hours ago, felser said:

My wife pointed out that I should share that I willingly make a fool of myself all the time on this board, but I told her I didn't think that was a good idea :P.

:D:D:D