LPs for Sale

Dan Gould

Looking to raise a little more cash for an important project by parting with a small group of high quality and genuinely rare records.

These LPs will NOT have any price reductions. They will go to eBay by early next week and be listed at similar starting bids with higher buy-it-now option. However I will consider offers particularly on more than one title.

Speaking of more than one title, shipping is $4 additional in the lower 48, Media Mail, for one LP. Purchase of two or more gets free Media Mail shipping. New LP mailers for shipping and all have poly outer bags too.

In all cases I play-tested the recording by recording into goldwave, then visually scanning the wav form for evidence of possible ticks and pops, and spot-checking as necessary. I also let the recordings play out for long periods so there was a lot of actual play-testing too. So I believe these vinyl ratings are very accurate and fair. Note that in no cases were ticks or pops heard on more than one revolution. I suspect a good cleaning could raise most or all to Mint/NM status.

Clark Terry Live 1964 (Emerald (Horace Silver's label)) cover VG+ (modest edgewear, intact seams, modest corner dings) Vinyl NM  $8

Larry Davis Live at JB Hutto's (P-Vine Special, with OBI) cover as perfect as could be, vinyl NM (maybe one "tick" each side) $20

Magic Slim In the Heart of the Blues - Blues Power (Isabel Records) cover VG+ (intact seams, barely-there corner ding but an odd indent on seam opposite open side of jacket) vinyl VG++/VG+ (grand total of perhaps six light ticks thru entire LP) $20

Magic Slim  TV Dinner Blues  (Blue Dog Records) Cover NM (intact seams modest edgewear, tiny corner imperfections) Vinyl VG+ (a few more light ticks on both sides, none more than one rotation) $13

Magic Slim Live 'n Blue (Candy Apple Records) Cover VG+ would be NM except for seller sticker (name, address, ph #) at upper right of front side Vinyl NM (I heard one tick on one track)  $20

Mississippi Delta Blues Band Chromatic Style (features Sammy Myers on vocals and harp) (TJ Records) NM in all ways and very rare - $25

Johnny Shacklett Trio At the Hoffman House (Universal Artists) NM/NM - very rare record by guitarist heavily influenced by Wes, with Mel Rhyne and his brother on drums. $30 (There's a far less nice copy on eBay now for $340 buy it now - not that he should get that, but you'll be hard pressed to find a copy this nice at this price)

Paul Bryant Something's Happening (Fantasy) NM/NM - also probably the nicest (Mono) copy extant, and Bryant's recordings never got the OJC treatment. $16

George Kelly & Panama Francis' Savoy Sultans (Black & Blue) NM/NM (modest corner ding) $15 - never reissued by label!