Band of Gypsys at New York’s Fillmore East box set

gvopedz

There's a long thread on the Hoffman forum with many speculations about missing tracks and I haven't digested it all and I'm no longer interested in these sort of details to be honest. Best guess from the experts on that thread is that there are some tunes that were not recorded officially with the others, and do appear on bootlegs.

I'm in at some acceptable price point.  Running about $45 pre-order on Amazon, which is too much for me since I already have the original Band of Gypsies and the 2CD "Live at the Fillmore East".  Look forward to any feedback on sound quaility on this new release compared to the two I already own.

It's all up on Spotify now, I've heard (and I streamed the one entirely new track "Steal Away" from there earlier, so I presume everything else is there).

On the mega-huge Hoffman thread about it, someone said that CD's 4 & 5 were combined at looked like just one CD (at least on one of the streaming platforms, or maybe that was Amazon).  In any case, if you're looking for it, and only see 4 CD's -- the last "CD" may actually be discs #4 & #5 combined.  FWIW.

I'll get the whole thing on CD in the next 6 months, I'm sure.

53 minutes ago, Rooster_Ties said:

It's all up on Spotify now, I've heard (and I streamed the one entirely new track "Steal Away" from there earlier, so I presume everything else is there).

On the mega-huge Hoffman thread about it, someone said that CD's 4 & 5 were combined at looked like just one CD (at least on one of the streaming platforms, or maybe that was Amazon).  In any case, if you're looking for it, and only see 4 CD's -- the last "CD" may actually be discs #4 & #5 combined.  FWIW.

I'll get the whole thing on CD in the next 6 months, I'm sure.

On Amazon Music and my Auto-Rip files 'disk 4' has more content than the others: 13 tracks vs 11, 10 and 9 respectively for the first three.