Preferred Streaming Service for Jazz

medjuck

I've been pleasantly surprised by how much there is on Apple.  There are only a very albums (that I happened to be looking for) that appear to be on Spotify but not Apple.  I haven't done a comprehensive search, however.

Is it true that quite a few of the Fantasy (Concord) titles (including Prestige and Riverside) are not on Apple, but then they don't seem to be on Spotify either.  Almost all of these are still on Naxos Jazz, but that may not be available to you in the US.

7 hours ago, BFrank said:

I use Amazon and Tidal. Both work well for me. I think Amazon has a bigger selection overall, but Tidal specializes in HD audio. I think Amazon is launching an HD version, but I have no idea how they compare.

It works pretty well.  Listening to the new Beck album through it right now.

Amazon, Apple and Spotify probably have the same selection. Once the rights owners decide to go streaming there is no incentive for them to limit themselves to just one service. I use Spotify because I have this cheap Gramofon (https://gramofon.com) thingy (I don't even know what it's called - router? DAC?) that allows me to play Spotify on my old audio system, and I think it does not work with amazon yet. But I might switch to amazon because it's slightly cheaper (for Prime members) and because of the impending HD streaming, although I am honestly just fine with whatever the top resolution on Spotify is. 

I did use Tidal but have switched to Amazon HD. I think the user interface of Tidal is slightly better but as a Prime user, amazon is cheaper and I fell the sound quality is very good.

The only real problem I have with these services (and especially Amazon) is the number of public domain issues. Search for any jazz album recorded before 1962 and you will find dozens of PD versions and it can be difficult to pick out a genuine release.