5 hours ago, Dave Garrett said:

"And Vince Gill? He and Amy Grant always loved Bernie and Stalin!" :lol:

I always thought the best ones of these things tried to incorporate what Hitler says, which is why I did the Seinfeldian riff on crepes, too, which led to the ice cream FLOAT line too.

Thanks to all who liked it. I am already thinking of revisions I should have considered. and may yet do.

And for the record, I have to say that if you want one  of these to work there are two requirements:

The first two sentences of Hitler's rant has to end on the same word - whatever that word is - just as he says the same word.  

And you gotta come up with an intelligent way to incorporate "and Stalin!"

On 12/9/2019 at 0:21 PM, Captain Howdy said:

The Eagles part was good but it kinda felt like you lost interest on the crepe part. Like, when it cuts to to the two girls after he complains about being sprayed in the face by his crepe, I expected her to be reassuring the cook. I think that would have been funnier.

Such as,

Next time, make sure you offer him the ice cream float.

Or

I'll protect you. You can stay in my attic with that nice Jewish family.

?

11 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

I rewatched it and apart from that one bum line the crepes part is actually pretty funny, but I'm still not convinced it belongs. I haven't watched a ton of these but I think the humor is supposed to come from Hitler flying into a rage about one petty little thing. When he says "country-rock or crepes, please leave" it's funny because it sounds like he said crepes, but it comes completely out of left field and has nothing to do with the Eagles. And if you're not paying attention to the sounds coming out of his mouth you'll miss the pun (if that's the right word) and be totally confused. There's no reason for him to bring up crepes at this point in the context of the scene.
I was also confused at the beginning when Hitler says "I planned to see the Eagles play there, but since Glenn Frey died..." Since he doesn't finish the sentence, I didn't understand what he meant. Did he mean "I planned to see the Eagles play there, but since Glenn Frey died I changed my mind?"  "I planned to see the Eagles play there, but since Glenn Frey died they changed the date/venue?" I don't follow the Eagles so you need to fill me in. Not until the rant begins did it become clear that he meant "I planned to see the Eagles play there, but since Glenn Frey died I assume they cancelled the tour."

The "missing" information is provided in the title of the video: Hitler Reacts to the Eagles touring without Glenn Frey. Anyone who notes the video title can read between the lines of what I have Hitler actually say and know exactly what he is reacting to.

As for the whole Crepes sub-rant, I just played off of the German sound (is it a name?) that does indeed sound like crepes, which immediately made me think of the Seinfeld episode and it pretty much wrote itself. I also thought it was funny that while Hitler is preparing to rant and rave, his mind has gone back to that morning and his hot crepe sauce spray. The joke in my mind is that he has been waiting for the opportunity to rant about it, and now that he's going to freak out over the Eagles still touring despite Glenn Frey's death, he's going to work that in to it. And when he's said his peace, he's more calm, and he returns to the more important topic of the Eagles, which resolves into his determination to still see them anyway. 

I have to amend my list of required elements for these things: you have to include Hitler directing some people to leave before the room nearly empties. So many of these just ignore what is happening on screen. 

Anyway, I am thinking of a revised version did either of my suggested replacement sentences sound good?

Edit to add: I am not going to change the sentence when she is comforting her. It makes more sense as it is, because the girl is already crying earlier in the scene. It doesn't make sense that she is the cook and might get executed for creating a crepe that burned the Fuhrer. but thanks for your feedback.

Edited by Dan Gould

32 minutes ago, Bill Nelson said:

Let it stand as is.  No need for changes.  I sent it to a professional journalist buddy who responded, "Brilliant!"

For those having difficulty with the non-sequitur crepes rant, would you expect sequentially rational thinking from a madman?

Thanks Bill. Exactly what I was thinking.

And for the record, the caption generator has a limit on the # of characters in the title, which is why this took extra long on Sunday. I had the exact title the Captain suggested, but being too long, the generator is coded to fail, and it re-loads the launch page with every single sentence entered gone and you must start over from scratch.

I may still revise this anyway because I worked up some changes in the Eagles rant that I think are even funnier. It would have been published already but ... that 50 character limit sure is a pisser.  

23 hours ago, Dan Gould said:

As for the whole Crepes sub-rant, I just played off of the German sound (is it a name?) that does indeed sound like crepes

Yes - it's "Krebs". He's one of the senior officers that Hitler tells to remain when he orders everyone else out of the room prior to commencing his unhinged rant ("Keitel, Jodl, Krebs, und Burgdorf.").