Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Michael

SOLD!!! Art Tatum Pablo Solo (partial) and Group Masterpieces Pablo

10 posts in this topic

Something a bit different from Freejazz's archives..

This offer is for ten Art Tatum discs on Pablo, housed simply in plastic sleeves.  There are inserts but no jewel cases or boxes or booklets. There are four discs for what I  believe was an eight disc set of the Solo Masterpieces. Discs are numbers 1, 4, 6 & 8.  The other six are the Group Masterpieces.   Norman Granz arranged these sessions and brought in many guests.  These guests include Ben Webster, Jo Jones, buddy rIch, Barney Kessel, Louis Bellson and more.  Good stuff.  Tatum was one of a kind.

"God is in the house."

Price is $33! Media mail Shipping included  CONUS only

if interested, post here then PM

paypal 

Thanks

Edited by Michael

New Years Day price drop to $26 shipped

hAPPY nEW yEAR

The Art Tatum Pablo Solo and Group Masterpieces are fantastic, and I would jump on this if I didn’t already own all of the music.

As a matter of clarification, the Pablo Group Masterpieces were issued on a 6-CD boxed set as well as on eight single CDs.  The Pablo Solo Masterpieces were issued on a 7-CD boxed set as well as on eight single CDs.

I really don’t think that you will find a better price than just over $2 per CD with shipping.

3 hours ago, Edward said:

The Art Tatum Pablo Solo and Group Masterpieces are fantastic, and I would jump on this if I didn’t already own all of the music.

As a matter of clarification, the Pablo Group Masterpieces were issued on a 6-CD boxed set as well as on eight single CDs.  The Pablo Solo Masterpieces were issued on a 7-CD boxed set as well as on eight single CDs.

I really don’t think that you will find a better price than just over $2 per CD with shipping.

Totally agree - this is absolute grade A music and the LP sets were very sought after when they came out. A bargain.

Great per disc price, especially for the space-conscious collector!

Posted (edited)

On 12/12/2019 at 9:35 PM, Michael said:

Something a bit different from Freejazz's archives..

This offer is for ten Art Tatum discs on Pablo, housed simply in plastic sleeves.  There are inserts but no jewel cases or boxes or booklets....

Does "inserts" mean tray cards? Is any info on track titles or groups included?

Edited by T.D.

the 4 solo discs have front and back tray cards. the back cards are folded in half

Presume this was originally two triple boxes,  the 6 group discs have two front cards and two rear cards, which hve been trimmed to it inside the plastic sleeves  so you do have all song titles.   lots of great players in various bands on the group sessions. can find all info online, I'm sure

thanks

Mike

Tuesday price drop    $24 shipped

I am interested in ordering,

Will P.M.