I have the first five (bought some of the first ones from none less than Ron Rambach so you can imagine the prices, even in 2002-03 ;)), and considering they do seem to create some interest here after all I am sort of surprised that the duplicate of no. 3 (1958 reviews) I have for sale and listed in my jazz "old paper" ad in the ads section here has not had any takers yet. ;) PM if interested. ;)

Edited by Big Beat Steve

I have the last 4 (vols 5-8), all hardback, which I think cover 1961-64 (iirc), or maybe 1960-63 (I can't remember).  Fellow board member "Tom in RI" sold them to me for $125 total about 4-5 years ago, and they were in excellent condition - quite a reasonable price, I thought (about $32 per volume, including shipping).

Edited by Rooster_Ties

It's 1960 to 1963 (reviews).
The price you paid is a VERY good one. Besides paying more on average for my own copies of Vol .1 to 5 (all of them more than 10 years ago), I have watched them on eBay every now and then through the years (they didn't come up that often anyway) and most of the time the starting or Buy it Now prices were staggering.

Edited by Big Beat Steve