Berkshire Music Outlet

Ken Dryden

I was a major customer in the late '90s through mid -00s. Have not shopped there for at least 2 years because the new website (esp. search engine) was absolute dogshit.

BRO supposedly fixed the search engine a month or two ago, and it does look better. I'm still on their weekly e-mail list, and my last few searches didn't find anything compelling, but I only looked for classical.

[Added] Even in recent years, until the website went to pot, I found Berkshire a great source for recordings of Renaissance polyphonic music; they always have a great inventory of Hyperion CDs (and some more exotic labels if the search engine is up to snuff). Also a few UA classical boxes, e.g.  Budapest '51-52 Beethoven quartets (OK, that was before the cheaper/better Sony box came out :blink:).

Edited by T.D.

There are some ECM titles, jazz imports, DVDs that were of interest to me. If you want some laughs, pick up the 1997 Jazz Awards concert. I was talking to Marian McPartland about it prior to it taking place and she said, "When I learned that Michael Bolton was on the bill I though about not ----ing going..." The editing of the Basie tribute medley was an absolute mess. 

I just found quite a bit of interesting classical and placed an order, breaking a long dry spell (at least 3 years, as best I can recall). The BRO website still sucks bad wind IMO, and required a considerable degree of patience to navigate.

Edited by T.D.