Dortmund_1976

Lee Morgan "Cornbread" @ HDtracks

5 posts in this topic

From 2015. Can anyone confirm that this is by Blue Note? The 192/24 files are going for about half their regular price ($12.98)⁠—oddly, that's five bucks cheaper than the same album's 96/24 files. I've never seen this before.

1 hour ago, Dortmund_1976 said:

From 2015. Can anyone confirm that this is by Blue Note? The 192/24 files are going for about half their regular price ($12.98)⁠—oddly, that's five bucks cheaper than the same album's 96/24 files. I've never seen this before.

Yes, that's the blue note recording. And yes, it's odd that the 192/24 files are priced lower than the 96/24 files. But no more odd than the idea that someone would actually purchase 192/24 files. :rolleyes: But that's just me. Go for it!

7 minutes ago, sonnymax said:

Go for it!

It's definitely on the list for my next splurge. Hopefully the price stands for a while longer.

4 hours ago, sonnymax said:

Yes, that's the blue note recording. And yes, it's odd that the 192/24 files are priced lower than the 96/24 files. But no more odd than the idea that someone would actually purchase 192/24 files. :rolleyes: But that's just me. Go for it!

The most recent 96/24 Van Halen remasters were apparently badly compressed while the 192/24 released at the same time weren't. Go figure. :huh:

These Blue Note HD Tracks files are fine though.