Another Mosaic Armstrong to come out this August.

I know that throughout many of these individual Mosaic threads there are many comments about Mosaic's shipping operation.  I'd guess the majority relate to international shipping situations, but I've seen plenty of domestic as well.  I myself, while never having had a set I purchased never ship, take too long, or get routed around the county for weeks, have never gotten the full set in information that lets me know that my order was received, that a tracking number was created, the order was actually shipped and then through the tracking process, know when my set would arrive.  Never.  Until now.

Seeing that the Armstrong was back in stock, I decided to place an order on August 24th.  Within a few minutes, I received an acknowledgement that my order had been received and was being processed.  I also received an order number and a complete order summary.  The next day - August 25th - I received the USPS tracking number that was created via email as a "note added to my order".  I checked on the 26th, and my set was on its way with a delivery date of August 29th by 8PM.  I received it today, August 29th at 9:30 AM.

BTW, the booklet is number 2,192 of 3,500 sets if that matters anymore relative to order of distribution.  Looking forward to diving into it when I get home from work.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Ed Swinnich said:

I know that throughout many of these individual Mosaic threads there are many comments about Mosaic's shipping operation.  I'd guess the majority relate to international shipping situations, but I've seen plenty of domestic as well.  I myself, while never having had a set I purchased never ship, take too long, or get routed around the county for weeks, have never gotten the full set in information that lets me know that my order was received, that a tracking number was created, the order was actually shipped and then through the tracking process, know when my set would arrive.  Never.  Until now.

Seeing that the Armstrong was back in stock, I decided to place an order on August 24th.  Within a few minutes, I received an acknowledgement that my order had been received and was being processed.  I also received an order number and a complete order summary.  The next day - August 25th - I received the USPS tracking number that was created via email as a "note added to my order".  I checked on the 26th, and my set was on its way with a delivery date of August 29th by 8PM.  I received it today, August 29th at 9:30 AM.

BTW, the booklet is number 2,192 of 3,500 sets if that matters anymore relative to order of distribution.  Looking forward to diving into it when I get home from work.

exact opposite for us here in Australia - what a total stuff up - hope they cut ties with Asendia

On 8/30/2022 at 11:19 PM, romualdo said:

exact opposite for us here in Australia - what a total stuff up - hope they cut ties with Asendia

I'm sorry to hear that.  I was hoping that your set would have arrived by now and hope that it will arrive soon.

Shipping should not be this challenging, especially international shipping.  I have bought many items from Europe and Japan - CDs and bicycle parts in particularly - that arrive within a reasonable time.  Those are sales from individuals, Amazon and places like Paris Jazz Corner. 

My one instance of a good experience noted above was my first since Mosaic outsourced their shipping. They really do need to clean up their act.

Edited by Ed Swinnich

• 8 months later...
On 5/6/2021 at 1:31 PM, RiRiIII said:

Just listed in Barcelona.

Finally put in my order - have had this one on the back burner for a couple of years now.

Looks like JazzMessengers still have about half a dozen copies of this set in stock.

On 4/4/2022 at 11:35 PM, jazzbo said:

Ricky Riccardi won a Grammy for this set!

Bodes well !

• 1 month later...