Was anyone aware of these new Armstrong releases?

Hardbopjazz

Dot time records released 4 CD recently of newly discovered Louis Armstrong recordings that were in the Armstrong archives. I didn't know about these until today. I had the pleasure to listening to a few tracks. I placed an order for all 4 CD's. 

https://www.dottimerecords.com/louis-armstrong/

About the origin of the recordings

During his lifetime Louis Armstrong amassed a huge collection of recordings. From live concerts to studio and broadcast recordings, the range is extensive. The majority of these recordings along with other Armstrong Artifacts are held in the Louis Armstrong Collection at Queens College in New York. The Louis Armstrong Legacy Series will bring a selection of these recordings from Louis's personal collection to the public for the first time ever.

Series producer, Jerry Roche said “Producing this music will mean people can connect again with the greatness of Louis Armstrong.”

There was a subscription series started about 3 years ago for these, and subscribers got different packaging and sometimes additional material. I've subscribed and received the first three. For some reason the fourth retail version has been out several months and the subscribers have not received their version yet.

The music is not essential in my opinion for the casual or normal fan, but nice to have if you're an Armstrong nut. I'm an Armstrong, I'm a nut, and I guess I'm an Armstrong nut.