Route 66 TV Show

JSngry

Finished Perry Mason on Amazon Prime (which was a constant delight), now getting into this one.

Is this show still considered "classic"? If so, why? I don't think it's aged well at all, especially the dialog, which is far too earnest far too often for anybody's good.

OTOH, always (so far) shot on location(s), and a great look at a bunch of stuff that's probably not there anymore, usually with some "locals" in the mix.

And that theme song....Nelson!

I saw the show when it first came out, but I don't recall what it was like.

I miss U.S. 66. I've been to many parts of it - in Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico and the L.A. area. In particular, Springfield, Missouri and Albuquerque, New Mexico. When driving West along Central Avenue in Albuquerque, with the sun setting in front of me, I hear Nat Cole.

I had a look online about the show, and was disappointed to see that the locations were seldom on U.S. 66. This means that little of the old highway is seen. The locations were in a large number of States.

I assume that readers know the route of 66 and that most of its path was gobbled up by I-44, I-40 etc.

Edited by Shrdlu

We're at a point now in Season 1 where for whatever reason Buzz & Todd are not wandering around finding something to preach about to everybody (including themselves) and perhaps not coincidentally, these episodes are better acted and as a result much more entertaining.