Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
felser

LF: Team of Rivals unabridged audiobook (36 CD)

10 posts in this topic

Longshot, I realize, but my wife would love to have this.  If anyone has it or knows where I can get it at a reasonable price, all leads appreciated.  It's a great book, and I went through the library version of the unabridged audiobook many years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dave Garrett said:

I assume you may have already seen this, but if you're an Amazon Prime member it's free with an Audible trial membership, which you can cancel to avoid the monthly recurring charge:

https://www.amazon.com/Team-Rivals-Political-Abraham-Lincoln/dp/B00518Z5DS

Saw that but haven't researched the terms thx.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why an audiobook and not the actual book? I have a rather large Civil War library and this has a prominent place in it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Brad said:

Why an audiobook and not the actual book? I have a rather large Civil War library and this has a prominent place in it. 

My wife listens to it while she does her work (creating facial prostheses for patients, such as a nose or ear for someone who lost theirs to cancer or an accident.  95% of the work is done alone in her lab working with her hands, the other 5% is contact with the patient ).  We do have the book!  I went with the audible trial membership, so she has access for now - would still like to get the unabridged CD set at some point for her, as she likes to relisten to favorites (has done Lord of the Rings at least 30 times!).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, felser said:

My wife listens to it while she does her work (creating facial prostheses for patients, such as a nose or ear for someone who lost theirs to cancer or an accident.  95% of the work is done alone in her lab working with her hands, the other 5% is contact with the patient ).  We do have the book!  I went with the audible trial membership, so she has access for now - would still like to get the unabridged CD set at some point for her, as she likes to relisten to favorites (has done Lord of the Rings at least 30 times!).

Sounds like she does amazing things for people. I have to give her a lot of credit because there’s no way I could both listen to a book and do work, especially work like she does.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brad said:

Sounds like she does amazing things for people. I have to give her a lot of credit because there’s no way I could both listen to a book and do work, especially work like she does.  

Thanks, she does do amazing work, and people are very thankful.  Much of it timewise is actually tedious artwork, and she's 35 years into this work, so she has mental bandwidth during those stretches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, felser said:

I went with the audible trial membership, so she has access for now - would still like to get the unabridged CD set at some point for her, as she likes to relisten to favorites (has done Lord of the Rings at least 30 times!).

I only skimmed the terms, and I don't personally have an Audible membership, but I think you get to keep whatever free audiobook you selected as part of the trial membership even if you cancel the membership after the trial.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dave Garrett said:

I only skimmed the terms, and I don't personally have an Audible membership, but I think you get to keep whatever free audiobook you selected as part of the trial membership even if you cancel the membership after the trial.

Really?  That would be great!  I'll look into that, thanks for the heads-up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.