adh1907

Jay Migliori/Dick Twardzik CD

5 posts in this topic

Jazz Workshop Quintet session, Harvard WHRB broadcast, recently issued on Fresh Sound, claims to be unreleased. Sounds interesting. Anyone heard this, any comments?

thanks

Anthony

If you get e-mails from Tommy's Jazz, this one appears to be available if you order by the 12th.

Fresh Sound New Releases CD $11.00
989 - 
Jay Migliori  /  Jazz Workshop Quintet · A Harvard WHRB Session (Unreleased)

this is a wonderful recording. the Ensemble Plays wonderful together, good Arrangements and solos and a new Addition to the short discography of the wonderful Richard dick twardzik! his solos are very Special. the Sound is (to my ears) good. (but i hear only what i want to hear) at the end you can hear how his composition "bouncin´ with bartok" may or may not sounds synthesized.

Jordi pujol writes in his liner notes that there are more recordings from Harvard whrb Station in the possesion of jay migliori and now at fresh Sound records. miles davis, Charlie parker, Teddy charles and Joe gordon. so there is hope for more Releases...!

b.t.w.: jazzwax writes also about this great and i think, overlooked release:

https://www.jazzwax.com/2020/05/dick-twardzik-and-jay-migliori.html?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=FeedBlitzRss&utm_content=Dick+Twardzik+and+Jay+Migliori

Keep boppin´

marcel

Posted (edited)

FWIW, this is available to stream on Spotify (for me; I'm in the US). Sound is very nice considering the source. Twardzik sounds very Twardzik, too! 

Edited by Joe