• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is weird and slightly concerning:

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/mets/ny-yoneis-cespedes-missing-20200802-o3qkwtymgfdxhnksv6mfowel7i-story.html

EDIT: I am pasting in the link because, once again, embedding it in the standard manner only loops me back to this thread. Is anybody else encountering this issue?

Edited by ghost of miles

You can’t make this shit up. Céspedes doesn’t show up for the game today, probably slept in or whatever, and then he and his 160 average decide to opt out. If he was hitting 300 I’m positive he wouldn’t be opting out.  Goodbye and don’t let the door hit you on the way out. 

18 minutes ago, Brad said:

You can’t make this shit up. Céspedes doesn’t show up for the game today, probably slept in or whatever, and then he and his 160 average decide to opt out. If he was hitting 300 I’m positive he wouldn’t be opting out.  Goodbye and don’t let the door hit you on the way out. 

Yeah, and what a terrible way to do it. I saw a lot of concern from Mets fans online during the several hours when his whereabouts were being reported as unknown. 

30 minutes ago, ghost of miles said:

Yeah, and what a terrible way to do it. I saw a lot of concern from Mets fans online during the several hours when his whereabouts were being reported as unknown. 

Only the Mets David, only the Mets!

I know it's not baseball related, but Philadelphia Eagles' coach Doug Peterson, although he's currently asymptomatic, has tested positive for the virus.  Of all the sports, football is easily the one that creates the most exposure.  All things considered, I don't see how the NFL or the NCAA is going to be able to have a season. 

1 hour ago, Brad said:

And here I thought the Mets were bad!

MLB Fielding Statistics

And a lot of it goes back to Kapler, he's so in love with analytics, moving players around so that they wind up out of position or playing positions they're not familiar with, and so they do terrible. I could go on and on, but he's not totally to blame, the Giants front office is driving all of this, and I'm not all that keen on Farhan Zaidi either. Both Kapler & Zaidi need to get their heads out of a computer and look at players, not rely on stats all the time.

You have to either have players that fit your system or else a system that fit your players. Otherwise you're operating under the delusion that all you have to do is wite a wonderful score and then any band anywhere at anytime of any level with any skill set will be able to execute it brilliantly, and we all know that's pretty much a 100% fantasybullshit notion.

I'm so disappointed that Mike Soroka is out for the year with a torn Achilles.  What a freak accident!  Ugh!!!

The Braves' starting rotation was already shaky.  With Soroka gone, the likelihood of us doing anything this year just took a very sharp nosedive. 

Such a bummer ...

49 minutes ago, HutchFan said:

I'm so disappointed that Mike Soroka is out for the year with a torn Achilles.  What a freak accident!  Ugh!!!

The Braves' starting rotation was already shaky.  With Soroka gone, the likelihood of us doing anything this year just took a very sharp nosedive. 

Such a bummer ...

It was so painful to watch it happen on MLB Video .... hope he will come back even stronger ....

46 minutes ago, Matthew said:

I know from having lived in Uruguay and Spain and stories that you don’t say something about a Latin person’s mother, unless you’re really asking for trouble.  Even in jest saying something like “tu madre” is a recipe for trouble. 

Edited by Brad

14 hours ago, Brad said:

I see Horace Clarke has passed away.  RIP.  He was a good player (him and Jerry Kenney) on bad Yankee teams and had the bad luck to play for them when the Yankees entered the wasteland. 

Aw, damn. Horace Clarke, oddly enough, is one of the reasons I became a Yankees fan in the first place—his card was at the front of a deck of Topps cards that I bought in 1974. And yeah, definitely an emblematic player from that late 1960s/early 70s era of mediocrity.