Tim McG

MLB Season 2020

140 posts in this topic

They should have to climb the netting around the field 

8 minutes ago, Soulstation1 said:

They should have to climb the netting around the field 

I like it. 

Why the players are objecting to MLB’s requests:

Five reasons why MLB players are objecting to owners' 50-50 revenue split for 2020 season

Although baseball didn’t know in April the length of the shutdown and had probably only started to formulate plans to address the shutdown, they should have been talking to the players as soon as possible, as partners. The odds seem to be fairly long that there will be a season this year. At the very least, this will allow both sides to have plans in place for 2021. 

1 hour ago, Brad said:

Why the players are objecting to MLB’s requests:

Five reasons why MLB players are objecting to owners' 50-50 revenue split for 2020 season

Although baseball didn’t know in April the length of the shutdown and had probably only started to formulate plans to address the shutdown, they should have been talking to the players as soon as possible, as partners. The odds seem to be fairly long that there will be a season this year. At the very least, this will allow both sides to have plans in place for 2021. 

Interesting article, thanks for posting. I always tend to be on the side of the players when it comes to money. Professional careers tend to be short, and especially in the NFL, brutal, so get the money while you can, because for 90% of the players, there won't be that much left after a career is over.

1 hour ago, Matthew said:

Interesting article, thanks for posting. I always tend to be on the side of the players when it comes to money. Professional careers tend to be short, and especially in the NFL, brutal, so get the money while you can, because for 90% of the players, there won't be that much left after a career is over.

That is my general feeling too. I never hold it against players to get what they can while they can. 

8 hours ago, Brad said:

I never hold it against players to get what they can while they can. 

I never hold it against anybody for trying. Nor for those from whom it is being sought for pushing back.

What I do hold it against any of then  them is when leverage is used as a blunt instrument and somebody goes all Cain & Abel with it.

Why don't they do like the did during that other war thing and let the girls play? In skirts and stuff. A war-weary nation is hungry for a healthy diversion!

32 minutes ago, Soulstation1 said:

Don’t think they be able to get it all together and salvage the season 

iMO 

You’re probably right. 

33 minutes ago, Brad said:

The season is looking more doubtful after owners submitted a revised proposal that penalizes the higher paid players.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29224973/sources-mlb-proposal-includes-pay-cuts-highest-paid-players?platform=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Sometimes I just wonder how MLB makes any money, it's the higher paid players that are the ones people want to see, not the utility players of the world. Great way to go into negotiations for a new CBA, piss off the money players.

7 hours ago, Matthew said:

Sometimes I just wonder how MLB makes any money...

Matthew, just the other day I read that if MLB invented sushi, they would market it as "New!  Cold dead fish!"

2 hours ago, GA Russell said:

Matthew, just the other day I read that if MLB invented sushi, they would market it as "New!  Cold dead fish!"

The truth!