Hitchhiker’s Guide LPs coming on CD

David Ayers

If there is one set of vinyl that gives a fond and instant reminder of undergraduate days of yore it is both volumes of this. Especially that nuclear rock concert through big woofers, 2nd vol. I think. Plus Marvin sashaying from left to right speaker.

Look’s like they have used the original cover for this version. Maybe I’ll opt for this CD version - had been thinking of picking up both volumes on vinyl but have rarely seen good copies.

Edited by sidewinder

• 2 weeks later...

Caught it on the Radio 4 6.30 so-called ‘comedy’ slot last night. Not up to the original but better than the usual guff they broadcast in that slot.

Apparently Record Store Day this year will feature a 3LP set reissue of the original LPs so looks like I will need to add these to my list. 

Edited by sidewinder

5 minutes ago, sidewinder said:

Caught it on the Radio 4 6.30 so-called ‘comedy’ slot last night. Not up to the original but better than the usual guff they broadcast in that slot.

Apparently Record Store Day this year will feature a 3LP set reissue of the original LPs so looks like I will need to add these to my list. 

Those LPs will be popular!