The Cookers

mrjazzman

Saw The Cookers for the 2nd or 3rd time at Yoshi's Oakland last night Thurs 2-20-2020, have all their cd's.  As much as I like these guys, they're starting to look and sound a little tired, worn, weathered but still doing serious touring. Soon will be in the Netherlands.  We all know what Kenny Rogers said, might be time for these guys to "fold em"

I think I’ve seen the group 3x since I moved to DC almost 9 years ago, and always pretty uniformly excellent each time. Billy in particular has always seemed as good as ever, along with one other time I also saw Billy (sans Cookers) here within the last year, and he played as well as any tenor player I’ve ever heard, two long sets.

• 1 year later...
33 minutes ago, mjazzg said:

New Cookers album from Gearbox in September

https://twitter.com/GearboxRecords/status/1417832985223733255?s=19

Unfortunately, with the shipping costs to the US from the UK, this will be one very expensive LP to buy. I looked into a couple of Gearbox LPs and the shipping was around $20 per LP.

34 minutes ago, kh1958 said:

Unless Gearbox is including a download card in the LP edition, it's a smart move to buy the LP from Amazon. When you buy from Amazon, they usually offer a digital download of the LP via their AutoRip feature.