Rest Easy Mom & Dad

For the record 

that pic is the only one of all of us 

together 😥

my parents were divorced 

I believe once we told her that he had passed she realized her time was limited 

We knew that both of them passing was a huge probability this month

She had dementia and 35 years of smoking 

He had a heart attack 

Wow, my sincere condolences. They were too young! Losing a parent or a spouse or a child. . . these are so hard to process and get beyond.  I lost a wife, and it took me years to recover, then my mother, and I thought I might lose my father right after my Mom passed but I got very lucky and he rebounded and is thriving in his way five years later.

All the best. Remember the great times and the love!

Very sorry to hear of your loss.  This has to be tough to deal with with their passing so close.  Having been through this recently, but over a two year period, I can tell you that my experience is that my parents memory now lives with me every day.  Everything I do in some way is connected back to them, I am thankful for having them as parents and hope that they are proud of me and that I am living up to the example they set.

I wish you the best and hope that as your grief subsides, your best memories of them will come forward and that you will find comfort within them.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, bresna said:

It's been almost 14 years and I still get sad on Father's Day. Time has blunted the loss but it's still there.

44 years for me. Blunted it somewhat but I have a block about going to the cemetery, not to mention it’s about 2 hours from here.

Time does help though SS. 

• 1 month later...