New Charles Lloyd

medjuck

https://store.bluenote.com/products/charles-lloyd-8-kindred-spirits-live-from-the-lobero?variant=31407934013527&utm_campaign=41294_Charles%20Lloyd%208%20blast_231779_US&utm_source=dotmailer&utm_medium=email&dm_i=4YUB,VV2,5K9D4,3POA,1

I was at that concert and would sort of like to see the DVD of the whole thing but it cost me less than half that amount to see it live.  Also you can't seem to get both halves of the concert without buying Lps  which I don't want. 

My LP set, not the full one, is waiting at the Post Office for me to collect tomorrow morning.

I was lucky enough to see Lloyd in Ronnie Scott's last summer which was fantastic so very much looking forward to this release by effectively the same band.

His continued activity is a balm in this troubled world

On 2/28/2020 at 10:47 AM, medjuck said:

https://store.bluenote.com/products/charles-lloyd-8-kindred-spirits-live-from-the-lobero?variant=31407934013527&utm_campaign=41294_Charles%20Lloyd%208%20blast_231779_US&utm_source=dotmailer&utm_medium=email&dm_i=4YUB,VV2,5K9D4,3POA,1

I was at that concert and would sort of like to see the DVD of the whole thing but it cost me less than half that amount to see it live.  Also you can't seem to get both halves of the concert without buying Lps  which I don't want. 

I didn't realize that he lives in SB. I was especially intrigued because it was recorded at the Lobero. Haven't been there in longer than I can remember, but it was always a very nice venue.

Great venue. I think I've seen all of his concerts there since I've lived here except one.   I stupidly missed the one where he recorded Sangam, a record I love.

Ran into him once on  the beach and he confirmed that when I saw him in Toronto 50 years or so ago he had Paul Motian on drums in place of Jack Dejohnette.

6 hours ago, medjuck said:

Great venue. I think I've seen all of his concerts there since I've lived here except one.   I stupidly missed the one where he recorded Sangam, a record I love.

Ran into him once on  the beach and he confirmed that when I saw him in Toronto 50 years or so ago he had Paul Motian on drums in place of Jack Dejohnette.

Seems like it would be a perfect place to see Charles!

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2020 at 8:27 PM, kh1958 said:

Watched the DVD and it is the same four songs as are on the CD. 

I broke down and bought the box (discounted a bit).  The DVD is of the whole concert. There's only one cutaway to the audience and you can see me in it.