COVID-19

59 minutes ago, Dan Gould said:

The corrections are right here. I don't think anyone is going to be misinformed by my post.

Just to be super-safe in these difficult, dangerous times, Dan, I'm removing your post. All it takes is one too swift reading by a momentarily careless person.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, bresna said:

So it looks like I'm in the middle of a 14 day self-quarantine. One of my direct reports met with me a couple of times last week and he just found out that he was exposed to the virus a few days earlier while he visited our San Diego office. Apparently, someone there has been diagnosed.

Keep us posted, please, and best wishes!

Also, how does this work as far as testing? Do you not get a test unless/until you start developing symptoms, or what?

17 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

and now denying the existence/seriousness of Covid-19. 

Absolutely maddening, infuriating, and yes, pretty much the equivalent of verbal reckless manslaughter.

Also this:

Italy is trying to send us a warning. Will we listen?

Edited by ghost of miles

2 hours ago, bresna said:

No testing unless you are symptomatic. There aren't enough test kits just to check to see if people like me might have it.

In case you're wondering why there are not enough tests:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/03/06/coronavirus-testing-failure-123166?fbclid=IwAR2Nyz-Z5Fz4AIzIyYdRIhfAAQ_ukCPwacOTUVbBBluvAPV1OnyyzZte548

Edited by medjuck

40 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Those MAGAts have been doing everything they can to hasten my death, including depriving me of healthcare, making guns readily available, denying climate change, and now denying the existence/seriousness of Covid-19. They're not my fellow countrymen; we just happen to be stuck in the same country together. If the two sides were separated geographically like they were in 1861 we'd be fighting another civil war now.

But I'd better stop before I get political.

You forgot net neutrality. That should have already killed you by now. I'm somehow sorry it hasn't.

But let's consider everything you've said:

Guns readily available: DAMN but that second amendment is a bitch. Go cry about it.

Denying climate change: How this will hasten your death is completely beyond me. 1 degree increase, 2 degree increase. You ain't dying because of it. I don't care what AOC or Greta say.

Now denying the existence/seriousness of Covid 19: The mayor of NYC just went to his YMCA and took forever to close schools etc etc. Denying the existence or just a self-centered moron? 

Depriving me of my healthcare: What healthcare? How? Obama has done more to deprive people of healthcare with his lies about "like your plan, keep your plan." Millions of people forced onto the exchanges where they ended up with higher costs and higher deductibles than what they had and liked. Those higher deductibles directly deprived people of healthcare they would have had on their old, terrible plans.

10 minutes ago, Dan Gould said:

You forgot net neutrality. That should have already killed you by now. I'm somehow sorry it hasn't.

But let's consider everything you've said:

Guns readily available: DAMN but that second amendment is a bitch. Go cry about it.

Denying climate change: How this will hasten your death is completely beyond me. 1 degree increase, 2 degree increase. You ain't dying because of it. I don't care what AOC or Greta say.

Now denying the existence/seriousness of Covid 19: The mayor of NYC just went to his YMCA and took forever to close schools etc etc. Denying the existence or just a self-centered moron? 

Depriving me of my healthcare: What healthcare? How? Obama has done more to deprive people of healthcare with his lies about "like your plan, keep your plan." Millions of people forced onto the exchanges where they ended up with higher costs and higher deductibles than what they had and liked. Those higher deductibles directly deprived people of healthcare they would have had on their old, terrible plans.

Restraining myself from responding to this, since it is so overtly political (and yes, I realize it's in response to Captain Howdy's post in the first place), but to somehow equate DeBlasio's reluctance to close the public schools in NYC--a decision with very detrimental implications for all kinds of people who already suffer from the societal inequality propagated by the rightwing ideology of the past 40 years in the first place--with the tidal wave of false, reckless, and irresponsible bullshit spouted for the past few weeks by DT and all of his Trumpinista ideologue followers (happy to provide plenty of quotes, both from Dear Leader himself and his minions in his party) is desperate and insulting.

And while the above exchange is indeed political, I understand why CH is so upset.  We are talking lives and the future of the earth in the issues he addresses.  

13 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

NPR's On The Media mentioned this, and also reported that "accounts by unnamed sources close to the President say he resisted offers by domestic labs to produce virus tests — because he didn’t like the “optics” of "national emergency" that steeply rising numbers would imply." 

https://www.wnycstudios.org/podcasts/otm/segments/pandemic-propaganda

Bingo.  

Edited by ghost of miles

• JSngry locked this topic